Back from the GGC 2009 Solstice***

Old February 20th, 2009, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Default Back from the GGC 2009 Solstice***

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
Good job Jean! Was wonderful seeing you and Ed again! I didn't know Erm
was your next door neighbor....doesn't she make a lot of noise at
night....that's what I've heard at least! She's a party girl, gotta watch
her!! We hate to see nice girls get in trouble and such!

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! It was great seeing you and meeting your very nice friend,
David, too! I'm so pleased that you could make this one with us. You should
see the pictures you took of the two of us with my new camera! Funneeeeee!
Have you given any thought to the Viking's Cruise that we talked about on
December 6th?
Yep, Ermalee was our next door neighbor, along with Mary Foster... I take a
white noise making machine (which makes other ocean or chirping sounds) that
I turn on when we travel... mostly to drown out Ed's snoring...so I didn't
hear Erm if she was making any noise after we went to bed...but during the
day was a different story...we WERE on a cruise!...When I can't move fast
enough she grabs me by the hand and pulls me...talk about stamina! Don't
worry..she did not get me in any trouble this time! ;-)
Think seriously about the Vikings...they are one wild and wooly bunch!

--Jean

Hey there!

I would love to do the Viking cruise, especially on HAL (watch out!!!
aka, banned for life....lol) but the dates don't work....I have work
commitments always in early December. Can usually do the 2nd week but
not the first. Unless I can convince someone else to cover for me!
lol.... I will need some Costa next winter since I couldn't swing them
this winter date wise (and not in love with the Fortuna, or Charlie Tuna
as its called). We had a great time on the Solstice and it was fun
seeing the cruise experience through a newbie's eyes! David definitely
wants to go on cruise #2 so perhaps I've created a monster, lol... I
think my next one will be easter week on Celebrity out of San Juan. I
would love to do Costa easter week (aka, they do easter right!) but they
leave the caribbean early this year it seems! Ermalee is an unstoppable
force of nature I agree! God love her!

Jeff
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jeff" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Hearing about the Solstice has made me want to try a cruise on her.
Y'all know I don't like mega-ships. But my intrest is piqued now and I
am looking for a December cruise. This may be the ship I choose.

Leaving next Monday for the Regatta.

~~DORIS~~

The Vikings are sailing in December. Jean and Ermalee are coming along.
We're on the Westerdam. Aruba/Curacao and Half Moon Cay.

http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDecemberGroup.htm

--Tom

I'm thinking the Viking cruise won't work for me schedule wise, sadly, as
I'd very much like to do HAL with y'all, but work conflicts on those dates
in December! Oh well. And I owe Susette a note on Facebook, lol... Is
this all on the Eurodam??

Jeff

Westerdam, it's the second week in December.

--Tom

Old February 20th, 2009, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Tom K wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
[...]

Oh, u r right....it is kinda the 2nd week. I think the meeting I can't
miss (aka, first Tuesday of every month) would be the 1st! So....ummm,
hmmmm....I could potentially do this! I like HAL actually and the
Viking group could redeem them in the Caribbean (which I've previously
vowed never to do again, lol....)

Jeff

Old February 20th, 2009, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jeff" wrote in message

Oh, u r right....it is kinda the 2nd week. I think the meeting I can't
miss (aka, first Tuesday of every month) would be the 1st! So....ummm,
hmmmm....I could potentially do this! I like HAL actually and the Viking
group could redeem them in the Caribbean (which I've previously vowed
never to do again, lol....)

Jeff

Got some reduced single supplements too (150%).

1st and 2nd Single Rates
Inside J $619 $ 929
Obs. OV GG $699 $1049
Oceanview- D $759 $1139

To be added is Government Taxes of $49.39/pp

http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDecemberGroup.htm

Old February 20th, 2009, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_6_]

Jeff wrote:
Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message

[...]

Jeff, if you're so agreeable at the moment, you'll have to agree that
December 6th IS the second week in December. Go for it!

Ermalee ---hugs to David ----and you
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Tom wrote

The Vikings are sailing in December.
Jean and Ermalee are coming along. We're
on the Westerdam. Aruba/Curacao and Half
Moon Cay.
http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDec
emberGroup.htm
--Tom
---

It looks good. I prefer a longer cruise , but with all I have booked for
this year and next maybe a short one would be best. It's been several
years since we've been on a HAL ship.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oceania Regatta 2/24/2009

Island Princess 4/2/2009

Pacific Princess 9/2/2009

Oceania Regatta 3/8/2010

Oceania Regatta 3/21/2010

http://community.webtv.net/DorisIs/AROUNDTHEHORN

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Tom K wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message

Oh, u r right....it is kinda the 2nd week. I think the meeting I can't
miss (aka, first Tuesday of every month) would be the 1st! So....ummm,
hmmmm....I could potentially do this! I like HAL actually and the Viking
group could redeem them in the Caribbean (which I've previously vowed
never to do again, lol....)

Jeff

Got some reduced single supplements too (150%).

1st and 2nd Single Rates
Inside J $619 $ 929
Obs. OV GG $699 $1049
Oceanview- D $759 $1139

To be added is Government Taxes of $49.39/pp

http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDecemberGroup.htm

I am ok with HAL inside...the cabins are big and nicely done. I turn on
the TV as my "window", lol.... I can see doing this cruise, although, I
don't wear funny hats!

Jeff
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Ermalee wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message

[...]

Well the 6th starts in the first week, but ends in the 2nd week!
lol.... it could potentially work actually! I like HAL, although, we
saw the Eurodam somewhere in port on the Solstice and I thought she
looked pretty good. But I think the Viking is on the Westerdam right??
We would keep that ship up WAY past it's bedtime!!! lol....

Jeff

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_6_]

Jeff wrote:
Tom K wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message

Oh, u r right....it is kinda the 2nd week. I think the meeting I
can't miss (aka, first Tuesday of every month) would be the 1st!
So....ummm, hmmmm....I could potentially do this! I like HAL
actually and the Viking group could redeem them in the Caribbean
(which I've previously vowed never to do again, lol....)

Jeff

Got some reduced single supplements too (150%).

1st and 2nd Single Rates
Inside J $619 $ 929
Obs. OV GG $699 $1049
Oceanview- D $759 $1139

To be added is Government Taxes of $49.39/pp

http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDecemberGroup.htm

I am ok with HAL inside...the cabins are big and nicely done. I turn on
the TV as my "window", lol.... I can see doing this cruise, although, I
don't wear funny hats!

Jeff

An additional FYI, HAL has bath tubs!

Ermalee ---bringing the bubbles
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Ermalee wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Tom K wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message

[...]

Oh yes they do! I do the same actually! Very nice in Alaska and Canada!

Jeff