Norwegian Cruise Lines NCL, Dawn and Sun

Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Default Norwegian Cruise Lines NCL, Dawn and Sun

On Oct 22, 5:54 pm, Peg Caldwell-Ott wrote:

... but for the time being, we are very happy
with our choices--and glad that you are with yours!

Bestest,

Peg

Peg, you are so right, it's wonderful to find cruise lines/ships that
are a good match for your needs and interests. The search requires
some trial and error...but the trials are a heck of a lot of fun!

Thanks for the good cruising wishes, and the same to you!

Diana

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Diana Ball wrote:

Peg, is it possible you have made so many friends among officers and
crew that you've gone a bit "soft" when it comes to the things NCL does
badly? Being more forgiving of warts is part and parcel of friendship,
so I'm not being critical, just trying to analyze why you are so
accepting of the so-called "freestyle" dining process on NCL. For our
family, the rigamarole you describe just to get an evening's meal is
exactly why we won't cruise NCL again. I'm on vacation. Why in the world
do I want to set my alarm to wake up early to make a reservation so I
can eat that night? Using a concierge lessens the work...but you still
have to assert yourself in some way just to eat. I am not ashamed to
admit I love being part of the Pavlovian dining process aboard
traditional dining lines like RCI! The clock ticks, it's time to go eat.
It's that simple...there's no tracking down the concierge or waking up
early to reserve, no queuing in reservation lines or suffering busy
reservation phone lines, and no need to schedule the act of reserving.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

I've been wary for this very reason, also, "I don't wait in lines" is my
motto of life, lol....especially not on vacation! No way no how!!

Jeff

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Jeff wrote:

Diana Ball wrote:

snipI am not ashamed to
admit I love being part of the Pavlovian dining process aboard
traditional dining lines like RCI! The clock ticks, it's time to go eat.
It's that simple...there's no tracking down the concierge or waking up
early to reserve, no queuing in reservation lines or suffering busy
reservation phone lines, and no need to schedule the act of reserving.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

I've been wary for this very reason, also, "I don't wait in lines" is my
motto of life, lol....especially not on vacation! No way no how!!

I don't stand in line either. At restaurants on land, I go early and
that also works at sea. I like eating early, in addition to not
wanting to stand in line.

I've always avoided the specialty restaurants because I didn't want to
make a decision early enough to make a reservation. So I don't go
there, and that means also on the ships that have traditional dining.