Morocco: Essaoira to Casablanca

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Stuart

Default Morocco: Essaoira to Casablanca

I need to get from Essaoira to catch a plane from Casablanca - plane
leaves at 1430. Can I get a bus in the morning, how long will it take
and will it go direct to the airport? Or should I travel up the night
before?

I'm planning on a couple of nights in Essaoira. Any suggestions for a
place to stay - say aroung 60 euros a night?

Stuart

http://www.stuartinarroyo.com
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Blue Men of Morocco

I recommend you go up the day before.. It takes almost 1 hr by taxi from
center of town(Casablanca) to the airport and you need to be there 3 hours
before departure time! I use the ryad Al Medina but I think it may be a
little more expensive. Do not recall hours of buses... A nice Hotel in
Casablanca is Hotel Ibiss near the train station. 3 Star and great....

E. Elena Hall, Co Director Blue Men of Morocco Co. Visit us in Morocco!
http://www.bluemenofmorocco.com

om...

Old April 20th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Miguel Cruz

Blue Men of Morocco wrote:
I recommend you go up the day before.. It takes almost 1 hr by taxi from
center of town(Casablanca) to the airport and you need to be there 3 hours
before departure time!

Only about half an hour by train. Cheaper and more comfy too.

I've never been there more than 90 minutes before departure time but it's
true that they do claim to want you there earlier.

miguel
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Stuart

Thanks for your advice. I thought I might have to travel up the day
before.

As it happens I've booked the Ibis for the night I first arrive in
Casablance so I'm pleased to hear you recommend it.

Re. the Al Medina in Essaouira - my guidebook says 'rooms are grim and
overpriced'!

Stuart

"Blue Men of Morocco" wrote in message ...
I recommend you go up the day before.. It takes almost 1 hr by taxi from
center of town(Casablanca) to the airport and you need to be there 3 hours
before departure time! I use the ryad Al Medina but I think it may be a
little more expensive. Do not recall hours of buses... A nice Hotel in
Casablanca is Hotel Ibiss near the train station. 3 Star and great....

E. Elena Hall, Co Director Blue Men of Morocco Co. Visit us in Morocco!
http://www.bluemenofmorocco.com

om...

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Stuart

Yes, I am intending to use the train. I understand it's a frequent
service. It's also why I've booked the Ibis for my first night as it
seems to be right next to Casa Voyageurs station - and I'm off to
Marrakesh by train the next day.

Stuart

Old April 20th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Miguel Cruz

Stuart wrote:
Yes, I am intending to use the train. I understand it's a frequent
service. It's also why I've booked the Ibis for my first night as it
seems to be right next to Casa Voyageurs station - and I'm off to
Marrakesh by train the next day.

The only downside is that the Casa Port station is where all the fun of
Casablanca is; Casa Voyageurs is in a fairly dull area. On the other hand,
(A) there's no train from Casa Port to Marrakech, and (B) you're going to
Marrakech; you'll have all the fun you need!

miguel