Overheated Narita airport (near Tokyo, Japan)

Old December 10th, 2005, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

Default Overheated Narita airport (near Tokyo, Japan)

Wasting unnecessary fuel to make the terminals unpleasantly too warm
(or too hot). That's stupid!

The terminal itself tends to be overheated in winter and a

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/tokyo.htm
TOKYO (Contributed by ?)
"February 2005 (Terminal 2) - Narita Airport is an old friend, I lived
in Japan for 4 years and there are plenty of restaurants (Japanese and
others), the staff are exceptionally polite and everywhere is spotless.

Two gripes
1 - The terminal itself tends to be overheated in winter and a little
on the warm side in summer and
2 - Terminal 2 doesn't really have a good foreign language
bookshop...loads of books on Japan, but nothing much in the way of
novels or light reading.

The terminal itself tends to be overheated in winter and a

Old December 11th, 2005, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

Personally, I don't think that it's the overuse of fuel for heating. if
you look at the comment by the contributor, it's quite hot in the
winter, while it's quite warm in the summer.

It's more likely that Narita might have just use the same air over and
over again, a closed air circulation system. Its air circulation system
probably isn't quite good at maintaining a comfortable temperature, or
at least in this case, removing the heat away.

Old December 11th, 2005, 06:41 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

It's one of the worst airports in a First World country. It's crowded,
has a very limited selection of stores and restaurants, and it's very
far from the main neighborhoods of Tokyo - 90 minutes if you're lucky
and two hours is not unusual. To be fair, it is efficient, rarely has
delays, and the staff are very polite and helpful.

Old December 11th, 2005, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

schreef in bericht
oups.com...
It's one of the worst airports in a First World country. It's crowded,
has a very limited selection of stores and restaurants, and it's very
far from the main neighborhoods of Tokyo - 90 minutes if you're lucky
and two hours is not unusual. To be fair, it is efficient, rarely has
delays, and the staff are very polite and helpful.

But what I do NOT like at all:
Every year I come to Japan for a holiday and family -visit and EVERY year I
have to wait for ages in a hot arrivalhall in front of the immigration.
There are even cords mentioning "here you wait 1 hour", "here 1,5 hour",
here 2 hours".....
There were 2 windows (madoguchi, I do not know the proper English word)
open and after waiting 30-40 minutes the 3rd one went open and some time
after that the 4th.
I complained about it, everybody is very,very tired after a long flight
(mine takes 11 hours from Amsterdam) , there were elderly people and mothers
with small children, pregnant women and there are NO seats , just long, long
queues.
I think it is a shame.

The officer in the immigration-ofice to whom I complained just said 3 times
or so "gomen nasai" we do not have enough staff ... etc....
It is not just this year but every year!
What a welcome...
I said, then at least put some benches there and let everybody pull a number
that makes the long waiting bearable, but he just continued saying gomen
nasai and moshiwake gozaimasen..

Giny

Old December 12th, 2005, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

But what I do NOT like at all:
Every year I come to Japan for a holiday and family -visit and EVERY year I
have to wait for ages in a hot arrivalhall in front of the immigration.
There are even cords mentioning "here you wait 1 hour", "here 1,5 hour",
here 2 hours".....
There were 2 windows (madoguchi, I do not know the proper English word)
open and after waiting 30-40 minutes the 3rd one went open and some time
after that the 4th.

What are the crowded times for immigration? I am arriving there in a few
weeks at 19:55.
Old December 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

wrote in message
oups.com...
It's one of the worst airports in a First World country. It's crowded,
has a very limited selection of stores and restaurants, and it's very
far from the main neighborhoods of Tokyo - 90 minutes if you're lucky
and two hours is not unusual. To be fair, it is efficient, rarely has
delays, and the staff are very polite and helpful.

The immigration lines (for foreigners) are a disgrace. Complaints are met
with shrugs. Japanese nationals, however, get VIP service and processed with
no delay. Too bad if you're busting to go to the toilet. Too bad I **** all
over the floor of their Japanese-style toilet cubicle.

Old December 15th, 2005, 05:11 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

thegoons wrote:

The immigration lines (for foreigners) are a disgrace. Complaints are met
with shrugs. Japanese nationals, however, get VIP service and processed with
no delay. Too bad if you're busting to go to the toilet. Too bad I **** all
over the floor of their Japanese-style toilet cubicle.

Yeah I am sure you really got back at Japanese Immigration by making
the Janitors life hell.

Old December 16th, 2005, 07:02 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:31:35 +0000, "thegoons"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
It's one of the worst airports in a First World country. It's crowded,
has a very limited selection of stores and restaurants, and it's very
far from the main neighborhoods of Tokyo - 90 minutes if you're lucky
and two hours is not unusual. To be fair, it is efficient, rarely has
delays, and the staff are very polite and helpful.

The immigration lines (for foreigners) are a disgrace. Complaints are met
with shrugs. Japanese nationals, however, get VIP service and processed with
no delay. Too bad if you're busting to go to the toilet. Too bad I **** all
over the floor of their Japanese-style toilet cubicle.

So it was you that left that mess !!!

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download