Cunard - NON-CROSSING - Formal dress every night say in the Med for10-14 days? Or No?

Old March 21st, 2010, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

Default Cunard - NON-CROSSING - Formal dress every night say in the Medfor 10-14 days? Or No?

It'll be interesting to hear of your QV cruise pax demographics.

On ages aboard - varies widely by ship and itinerary. Yes, Cunard
attracts an older crowd - but to what percentage varies widely.
Crossings always have a unique passenger mix and tend to skew a bit
younger than cruises (...but not as young as our 4 day outing from NY
last September on the QM2). I would think that your Med cruise
demographics would likely be similar to HAL (assuming your start and
end is in the Med - which I assume with only 1 sea day).

Brits aboard? - On our 2008 QE2 Med cruise, we joined the ship in
Civitavecchia, on a 12 day W. Med cruise RT from Southampton. That
season, her cruises were sold primarily to the English market (as
evidenced by her home port). I estimate there were fewer than a dozen
American's aboard, including ourselves. It was an interesting
experience. Menu items sometimes needed translation by our tablemates,
and lectures and entertainment were geared to the different
experiences of the British audience. Since your cruise isn't likely to
be departing from Southampton, I would assume there would be a more
international / US and Canadian mix.

Mark

Old March 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On Mar 21, 10:37*am, "Mark (SF)" wrote:
I estimate there were fewer than a dozen American's aboard,
Mark

....as a fierce defender of appropriate apostrophization - I apologize
for the above sentence.
Worse than an average typo, I suspect that some scoundrel inserted an
inappropriate apostrophe in my post since I would never do such a
thing (but only apologize for the common good, of course)

Mark
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 3/22/10 11:48 AM, John Sisker wrote:
However, for general input,
responding to a thread and/or other type participation, and not unlike
the others, I won't.

I didn't ask you to drop your sig... I simply asked you to stop with the
trolls like Peter.

--Tom
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

John Sisker wrote:

Now, as for Peter, so he is a Troll? Yet, at one time I though both of
you and Charles were one as well. In fact, I'm still not too sure about
Charles.

John, if you paid attention to what other have posted here, you would
know that Tom K. and Charles are NOT trolls. As many others here have
done, I have cruised with them, seen them at some of the land gatherings
and know that they are real people. They also have both contributed a
lot to this newsgroup over the years!!

sue
Old March 23rd, 2010, 10:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

On Mar 22, 7:17*am, "John Sisker" wrote:
"jeffcoud" wrote in message

Dear John S:

Get the F off my thread. *Take your spamology elsewhere.

Jeff

Why not! You're on everybody else's. And it's not Spam, it an allowable
signature line; unless of course it's back to the double standard scenario.

John S.

No asswipe troll I am not. I in fact don't post all that often. So
**** you!

Jeff
Old March 23rd, 2010, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

John, if you paid attention to what other have posted here, you would
know that Tom K. and Charles are NOT trolls. *As many others here have
done, I have cruised with them, seen them at some of the land gatherings
and know that they are real people. They also have both contributed a
lot to this newsgroup over the years!!

sue

I agree Sue, I can vouch for all of your existences!

Now given this newsgroup, I can't imagine there's a person alive who
would book a cruise with John Sisker. I mean, unless you really like
mentally ill people, etc.

Jeff
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

jeffcoud wrote:
John, if you paid attention to what other have posted here, you would
know that Tom K. and Charles are NOT trolls. As many others here have
done, I have cruised with them, seen them at some of the land gatherings
and know that they are real people. They also have both contributed a
lot to this newsgroup over the years!!

sue

I agree Sue, I can vouch for all of your existences!

As I can vouch for you and many others here!!

sue