Question about Belize

Old March 15th, 2010, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Question about Belize

In article , June
wrote:

He looks just fine, and you have no idea why a marriage ends unless
you are in the middle of it.

Thank you June. And the marriage part was totally made up.

--
Charles
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , peter
wrote:

That's why I avoid caribbean cruises. Too many lower class jerks.

You have truly revealed yourself with that statement.....

I think most in this newsgroup would want to avoid you,

--
Charles
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

John Sisker wrote:
"StupidJerk" wrote in message
Does the Navigator of the Seas stay on Miami time when it get to
Belize or is the ship on local Belize time. The independent tour
operator says the ship is on Miami time and Royal Caribbean says the
ship tellls passengers to change their clocks to local Belize time.
I need to know accurate information to see if I have enough time for a
long tour.

This is directly from our clients who just got back from the Exotic
Western Caribbean (which included Belize), last Friday, the 12th. So
this comes straight from the horses mouth. While I had all four of my
clients on the Carnival Miracle, Belize is Belize.

Belize is Belize, but as has been said here before, it is up to the
captain if you change time or stay on Miami time.

sue
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:13:13 -0500, Charles
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

So if I were doing it, I'd tell the tour operator
that we were on Belize time so he should meet the ship an hour earlier
than if it were Miami time.

The OP is trying to figure out if there is enough time for a long tour.

I know that.

You cut out the part where I pointed out that whichever time it is,
the length of time in port is the same, so he would have exactly the
same length of time to do a long tour - doesn't matter whether it is
on Miami time or Belize time.

To make it clearer - Coming in at 9 am EST and leave at 5 pm EST is
exactly the same length of time as coming in at 8 am CST and leaving
at 4 pm CST.

Unless the ship comes in on Miami time and switches to Belize time in
the middle of the day, the length of time in port will be the same.

Telling the tour operator that the ship is on Belize time and to meet
the ship an hour earlier than if it were on Miami time is not the
answer. Besides it is likely the local tour operators know what time
the ships arrive in Belize. The local operator can't tell from that if
the ship is using Belize time or Miami time.

As far as whether the ship changes to local time or not that depends on
the Captain. And while it might not seem logical to us I think there is
logic behind it.

One would like to think so. But...

We were in Peru and Ecuador and went through the Panama Canal going
east and were on Eastern Time. They had us set the clocks back one
hour before we came in to Costa Rica to be on Central Time. The next
day we were in San Andreas Colombia which is on Eastern Time and we
did NOT change the clocks to Eastern time but stayed on Central Time.
Then we had a sea day and following that we went to Grand Cayman which
is Central Time. Clocks were still on Central Time. After that Key
West where we changed back to Eastern Time.

The problem was that people who asked for a wake-up call for Costa
Rica (long long tour starting early) got it on Eastern Time because
the ship clocks had not been reset. So IMHO they shouldn't have
changed the time at all but just stayed on Eastern Time for Costa Rica
and Grand Cayman.

I would say if the whether the ship is on Belize or Miami time makes a
difference as to whether there is enough time the OP should not book
the tour.

Old March 17th, 2010, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

John Sisker wrote:
"StupidJerk" wrote in message
Does the Navigator of the Seas stay on Miami time when it get to
Belize or is the ship on local Belize time. The independent tour
operator says the ship is on Miami time and Royal Caribbean says the
ship tellls passengers to change their clocks to local Belize time.
I need to know accurate information to see if I have enough time for a
long tour.

This is directly from our clients who just got back from the Exotic
Western Caribbean (which included Belize), last Friday, the 12th. So
this comes straight from the horses mouth. While I had all four of my
clients on the Carnival Miracle, Belize is Belize.

Belize is Belize, but as has been said here before, it is up to the
captain if you change time or stay on Miami time.

It appears Sisker is making a mistake in assumptions in the text you
quoted. It looks like you snipped it but it seems like he is saying
that what they did on Miracle applies to Navigator because "Belize is
Belize". However Carnival is not Royal Caribbean and the Carnival
Miracle is not the RCI Navigator. What happens on Miracle does not
necessarily happen on Navigator even though it is the same port.

--
Charles
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:03:21 -0400, Charles
wrote:

However Carnival is not Royal Caribbean and the Carnival
Miracle is not the RCI Navigator. What happens on Miracle does not
necessarily happen on Navigator even though it is the same port.

Hi Charles,

You are correct. Sisker was giving out incorrect information again.
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

wrote:

However Carnival is not Royal Caribbean and the Carnival
Miracle is not the RCI Navigator. What happens on Miracle does not
necessarily happen on Navigator even though it is the same port.

Hi Charles,

You are correct. Sisker was giving out incorrect information again.

Nothing new about this.lol

sue
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

You cut out the part where I pointed out that whichever time it is,
the length of time in port is the same, so he would have exactly the
same length of time to do a long tour - doesn't matter whether it is
on Miami time or Belize time.

I have been doing some research on Belize since my December cruise on
Valor goes there. Belize is a tender port. I had the thought of booking
a tour to Laminai since I am interested in visiting Mayan ruins. Have
done a bunch. I have read that the Belize tour operators are not good
at keeping to schedule, they are lax, the length of time they state may
not be accurate and that some have missed the ship going on independent
tours. You don't want confusion on the time zone the ship is on with a
long tour.

--
Charles
Old March 17th, 2010, 02:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
StupidJerk wrote:

Does the Navigator of the Seas stay on Miami time when it get to
Belize or is the ship on local Belize time. The independent tour
operator says the ship is on Miami time and Royal Caribbean says the
ship tellls passengers to change their clocks to local Belize time.
I need to know accurate information to see if I have enough time for a
long tour.

I found this on another forum posted last December. Sounds like the
same tour operator.

" on a side note, when i was there two weeks ago on the navigator, the
ship changed ship time from EST to CST to match the ports. just make
sure they are aware that this can happen because they made the
assumption that our ship stayed on EST which would have put our ship in
port (based on ship time) 1hr earlier than we actually got there. they
were expecting us to arrive earlier than was physically possible."

--
Charles
Old March 17th, 2010, 04:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 3/16/2010 9:58 PM, Charles wrote:

I have been doing some research on Belize since my December cruise on
Valor goes there. Belize is a tender port. I had the thought of booking
a tour to Laminai since I am interested in visiting Mayan ruins. Have
done a bunch. I have read that the Belize tour operators are not good
at keeping to schedule, they are lax, the length of time they state may
not be accurate and that some have missed the ship going on independent
tours. You don't want confusion on the time zone the ship is on with a
long tour.

That sounds like the time to use the ship's tour. As much as I hate
doing that because of the cost, in situations where there is a
reasonable possibility that you will miss the ship's sailing, it's
better to make it the ship's responsibility to wait for you. Either that
or make sure you have travel insurance that will cover getting you to
the next port.

Bill