Cunard - NON-CROSSING - Formal dress every night say in the Med for10-14 days? Or No?

Old March 20th, 2010, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Cunard - NON-CROSSING - Formal dress every night say in the Medfor 10-14 days? Or No?

On 3/19/10 8:52 PM, jeffcoud wrote:
Well ummm, no answer to my actual question here thus far, lol,
although Mark came darn close!

The cruise (not crossing) has one sea day, it's 100% in the
Mediterranean. So since only one sea day maybe not so many actual
formal nights? BUT, it sounds like its quite possible the other
nights are "jacket required", or more or less "expected", which means
I'd have to lug a blue blazer, which isn't too bad. Of course,
everyone on the boat will be several decades older than me is my
guess,

Not so much older... more that they're Brits. HAL had by far the oldest
gang. Cunard wasn't nearly as old as the gang on HAL.

lol...but not my Mom, so maybe one of us can pick up a rich old
man, lol.... For Mom, sticking with a lot of interchangeable black
outfits with various accessories would probably work.

Does Cunard have laundromats I wonder??

The QM2... ABSOLUTELY YES... not sure about Victoria which is a Carnival
Spirit class clone.

--Tom

Ok....time to go explore this more now...

Jeff

Old March 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

On 3/19/2010 9:38 PM, John Sisker wrote:

And
likewise, in a private e-mail from Ray, he claims that it was not him
that said this about Brian's comment. Of course, if it wasn't Ray, then
just who was it? And why would they even want to take the time and
effort to duplicate his entire signature line just to make it look like
it was coming from Ray?

And why would ray disclaim authorship in a private e-mail to you but not
in public, in this ng where the message was originally posted? Could it
be because he has been exposed as a liar before and because the headers
in the post involved are identical to those in the hundreds of
republished press releases posted by this spammer?
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

On Mar 19, 9:24*pm, "Mark (SF)" wrote:
On Mar 19, 5:52*pm, jeffcoud wrote:

Well ummm, no answer to my actual question here thus far, lol,
although Mark came darn close!

The cruise (not crossing) has one sea day, it's 100% in the
Mediterranean. *So since only one sea day maybe not so many actual
formal nights? *BUT, it sounds like its quite possible the other
nights are "jacket required", or more or less "expected", which means
I'd have to lug a blue blazer, which isn't too bad. *Of course,
everyone on the boat will be several decades older than me is my
guess, lol...but not my Mom, so maybe one of us can pick up a rich old
man, lol.... *For Mom, sticking with a lot of interchangeable black
outfits with various accessories would probably work.

Does Cunard have laundromats I wonder??

Ok....time to go explore this more now...

Jeff

Jeff, I remembered our QE2 Med trip in 2008 and they didn't have any
formal nights on port days - although there were sufficient sea days
to satisfy their formal quota (however unofficial). *I still can't see
Cunard settling for only one formal night on a 12 night cruise,
though. *Do you have any early afternoon departures (or possibly
midday arrivals)? If so, I'm certain they'll slide in 1-2 extra formal
nights on those days. In any event, you'll need the blazer (which is
always a good thing to travel with anyway).

Yes, the QV does have laundromats. A 2008 Cunard brochure claims that
they're complimentary, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's no longer
true.

Mark

Thanks again Mark - that sounds like something we can probably live
with, although, I'll have to get my blue blazer taken in properly so
it actually fits in the waist. lol. I'll just wear what I wear
otherwise (sport shirts and slacks) and throw the blazer over it.
Laundromats would be good...would cut down on the packing a bit!
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

On Mar 19, 10:55*pm, Tom K wrote:
[...]

Well, I'm a little scared about the age thing, but we'll see what
happens! HAL in the caribbean isn't so old. Although the
transatlantic and NE/Canada I took on HAL most certainly were! I
actually love the Spirit Class ships -- the Costa ships based on that
hull are some of my very favorites. Best lido and pool areas of any
ships afloat, tons of room to spread out!

Jeff

Old March 20th, 2010, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 3/20/10 1:00 PM, jeffcoud wrote:

Well, I'm a little scared about the age thing, but we'll see what
happens! HAL in the caribbean isn't so old. Although the
transatlantic and NE/Canada I took on HAL most certainly were! I
actually love the Spirit Class ships -- the Costa ships based on that
hull are some of my very favorites. Best lido and pool areas of any
ships afloat, tons of room to spread out!

Jeff

The QV could certainly be different... but my 20 year old daughter (a
sophomore down at GW in your neck of the woods) said that the crossing
she did on the QM2 was her favorite cruise... so she didn't have any
issues with the "age thing" on her sailing. Our crossing on the QM2 had
a younger crowd than the HAL Westerdam in the Caribbean... (Charles and
I found a number of well hidden empty rooms where they obviously hide
the old people on the Westerdam, but found no such places on the QM2).

--Tom

Old March 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 3/20/10 4:27 PM, John Sisker wrote:

That's a very good point Peter. snip

Do you need to argue with trolls in addition to spamadvertising?

You asked an interesting question with your "longest cruise" post... but
because of your copycat spamadvertising history and your replying to
trolls history, it's doubtful that you'll get the replies that a
question like that deserves. People don't want to reply to your posts
simply to not give you the excuse to reply and include your sig/spam a
few dozen more times. Yeah others include their sig... but with you
it's a triple negative. You sound like a 4 year old who wants a cookie
because your brother got a cookie... if Ray can do it, I'm going to
throw a temper tantrum until I get to...

If you stopped acting like a jerk, you might get a little more respect.
Though it's probably way too late.

Old March 21st, 2010, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 3/20/10 8:36 PM, John Sisker wrote:

So, why is it good and perfectly okay for one, but not another?

It's not... but with you it's a triple whammy like I said. At least Ray
doesn't entertain trolls... nor does he start threads that sound
suspiciously like the goal is to continue getting the sig file out there
with all the replies.

You can keep doing what you're doing... but if people continue to think
that you act like a jerk, and ignore things like your "longest cruise"
question... you'll at least understand why.

Old March 21st, 2010, 01:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

You can keep doing what you're doing... but if people continue to think
that you act like a jerk, and ignore things like your "longest cruise"
question... you'll at least understand why.

I think he understands and is doing it to be annoying and disruptive. I
say he is likely doing it as a troll because it is hard to believe he
could actually be clueless enough to believe his clutter postings are
of value to either the newsgroups readers or his business. Or else he
is doing it because it has become an obsession that deludes him. He is
in my kill file only because of his clutter posts. Otherwise he would
not be in it.

--
Charles
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

On 3/21/2010 8:16 AM, John Sisker wrote:
As for Charles, that's a joke. He has me in his kill file, yet he keeps
responding anyway.

Look at the "discussion" between Kenn Smith and Lee Figge on the one
hand and Charles on the other in the Belize thread. He just doesn't
understand their very simple point. So what's his response to her?
"Either you don't get it and you won't ever get it or you want to
bull****."

People frequently respond to the many factual or logical errors that
Charles makes. But Charles cannot stand to be corrected. He thinks he is
God. He doesn't appreciate that his intellectual capabilities have
substantially declined as he aged. He responds with an insult, as he did
here. You're right: he's a joke.

Note that his boyfriend Tom, while defending ray, didn't address why the
post that ray denies as having been sent by him has exactly the same
headers as his spam posts do.

Old March 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

Dear John S:

Get the F off my thread. Take your spamology elsewhere.

Jeff