EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

We had a wonderful captain,he was always available if need be,in all my
49 cruises i have never had a captain come thru the dining room in the
parade with the waiters and kitchen staff. This captain did,and was
just as jolly as the help. It is also the first time we had 3 welcome
parties,the first for everyone,and 2 for repeat passengers. The
staff on the desk was as nice as could be,nothing was too much trouble
for them,such a nice touch. We received our wakeup calls with out fail
every morning. Did not like the way
you had to cut from deck five to deck 3 for the shows because of the way
the dining rooms were laid out,but not a huge problem.
Every where you went there were sanitizing stations set up,and they had
a person stationed there to be sure you used them. They were
a little high on their tours,but a lot of people did their tours on
their own. we were goingto take a ride around antigua,but the driver of
the van said he was ready to leave in a couple minuets,we sat and waited
for 15,and then got up and left the van,we passed it 25 minuets
later,and it was still sitting there with people on it waiting to go.
I am not sure of which island it was, ,people missed the ship and had
to fly home to new york. There is no excuse for that because you know
what time the ship will sail,and you have plenty of time to get back to
the ship. We only had 3 1/2 hrs in san juan,not much time for
anything.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NWLB

On Mar 22, 9:01*pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
[...]

.

I went on my second RCI cruise on Explorer, loved it. Drop by
RoyalCaribbeanFan.com, tell us about it!

Nathan
www.RoyalCaribbeanFan.com
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
We had a wonderful captain,he was always available if need be,in all my
49 cruises i have never had a captain come thru the dining room in the
parade with the waiters and kitchen staff. This captain did,and was
SNIP

cruise lover(~~~~~)

I'm curious,

I know the "parade of chefs" is sort of traditional, but I find it mildly
irritating and wonder if others do as well. I have eaten in many fine
restaurants around the world, and while the chef sometimes visits the table,
he, or they, never march around the room to music with a cheerleader calling
for applause. I think it's cheap and cheesy. What about the rest of you,
do you like it or just tolerate it because it's going to happen anyway?
Would you encourage the cruise lines to stop giving the cook the clap? No
big thing, just curiosity poking through.

Harry Cooper

Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

On 3/23/2010 10:38 AM, Seehorse Video wrote:

I'm curious,

I know the "parade of chefs" is sort of traditional, but I find it mildly
irritating and wonder if others do as well.

I have eaten in many fine
restaurants around the world, and while the chef sometimes visits the table,
he, or they, never march around the room to music with a cheerleader calling
for applause. I think it's cheap and cheesy.

If not arrogant.
What about the rest of you,
do you like it or just tolerate it because it's going to happen anyway?

It's a waste of the diner's time.
Would you encourage the cruise lines to stop giving the cook the clap?

Absolutely, in particular when the food is just good, and not excellent,
as is the case on EotS.

Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Seehorse Video wrote:
[...]

I don't like the "parade of chefs" or other so called entertainment in
the dining room. It interupts conversations with our tablemates and also
in most cases delays dessert & coffee, which delays us getting to the
shows or other entertainment. I tolerate it because there is no choice,
although once our entire table walked out and went elsewhere for dessert.

sue
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_6_]

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:21:37 -0400, Sue Mullen
wrote:

I don't like the "parade of chefs" or other so called entertainment in
the dining room. It interupts conversations with our tablemates and also
in most cases delays dessert & coffee, which delays us getting to the
shows or other entertainment. I tolerate it because there is no choice,
although once our entire table walked out and went elsewhere for dessert.

sue

I am with you Sue, If the chef wals through and stops at my table, I
would be happy to share my thoughts, but singing waiters, and parading
chefs are probably the highest on my dislike of cruises list. (Other
things are more easily avoided hence not as high on the list.)
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

wrote:

I don't like the "parade of chefs" or other so called entertainment in
the dining room. It interupts conversations with our tablemates and also
in most cases delays dessert & coffee, which delays us getting to the
shows or other entertainment. I tolerate it because there is no choice,
although once our entire table walked out and went elsewhere for dessert.

sue

I am with you Sue, If the chef wals through and stops at my table, I
would be happy to share my thoughts, but singing waiters, and parading
chefs are probably the highest on my dislike of cruises list. (Other
things are more easily avoided hence not as high on the list.)

I think dining room entertainment is fun for newbies, but most people
get tired of it after a few cruises.

sue
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Have no problem with the parade of the chef's and waiters,it is nice
they think enough of their passengers to take the time to do it

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..