Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

Old September 25th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Daniel Bowen

Default Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

Does this fix the "sheep virus", which appears to be taking over my
newsgroups?

Daniel :-)
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:22 AM
vicki Steven

in article , Daniel Bowen at
wrote on 26/9/03 10:29 AM:

Does this fix the "sheep virus", which appears to be taking over my
newsgroups?

Daniel :-)

I've put a stop on "sheep" - and our friend Rainer!

Vicki

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Peter S

No this appears to be a virus that has been constantly sent to me. The name
is Worm_Swen.A also known as W32/Swen@MM, or Swen. I have received well over
300 individual copies of this virus but don't appear to be infected.
It poses as a legitimate email from Microsoft or as a "bounceback" email
from ISPs.
Do NOT click on the install button because that then activates the virus.
See www.trendmicro.com for more information

Peter

. ..

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:50 AM
trk

Lets send MR Wolfcastle 300 copies and hope that one of them works
PS well done Vicki
Trevor

Old September 29th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Ka Khiong Kwok

Does anyone have a photo id of the ****** that re-wrote the virus yet?
I haven't seen the code yet but it look like someone just ripped of Gibe.
The guy responsible is asking for a hyper wedgy.

Regards,

Ka.