RENFE- buying advance web tickets

Old February 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default RENFE- buying advance web tickets

I'm wondering if anyone has done this from outside Spain recently?

The option is only available in Spanish (which is not a problem) and
does allow you to enter another country as your home country. As it's
for tickets in April, I can't book them yet. I suppose I could attempt
to go nearly 'all the way' with a fake booking next month- but it would
be more useful to hear from others if this indeed works...

Their website has a security certificate problem too, which I can
override. (This has happened with a few sites I've used in the past- and
never with any lingering problems...)

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old February 1st, 2009, 11:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone has done this from outside Spain recently?

The option is only available in Spanish (which is not a problem) and
does allow you to enter another country as your home country. As it's
for tickets in April, I can't book them yet. I suppose I could attempt
to go nearly 'all the way' with a fake booking next month- but it would
be more useful to hear from others if this indeed works...

Actually, I can't really do a fake booking- as you have to enter all
card information etc., then click on 'buy' (comprar)... so any feedback
helpful...