Question re London's Oyster Card

Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Barry Ward

Default Question re London's Oyster Card

Hi

I have read that you can buy a "pay as you go " London Transport Oyster
card at any London tube station. I will be in London for 3 weeks and
want to buy a 7 Travelpass (on an Oyster Card) which I will have to
repeat 2 more times.

How do I go about this? How do you buy a 7 day Travelpass on Oyster
Card? Can I get one here at home - or can I get one after arriving at
Heathrow?

Thanks for any help

Barry in Brisbane, Australia
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"Barry Ward" wrote in message
Hi

I have read that you can buy a "pay as you go " London Transport Oyster
card at any London tube station. I will be in London for 3 weeks and want
to buy a 7 Travelpass (on an Oyster Card) which I will have to repeat 2
more times.

How do I go about this? How do you buy a 7 day Travelpass on Oyster Card?

You walk up to the ticket office and ask for one (and hand
over some money). This will be supplied with your first
week's travel.

Once you have the card, you can buy further travel from
machines in stations or the ticket office or using 'web'
top-up.

Can I get one here at home

Apparently there is this possibility (perhaps someone else
knows more)

- or can I get one after arriving at Heathrow?

Yes

Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
silvercelt

On 3 Aug, 08:22, "tim....." wrote:
"Barry Ward" wrote in message

[...]

Barry in Brisbane, Australia- Hide quoted text -

YOu can also buy them online at train booking sites.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 8:11 pm, Barry Ward wrote:
Can I get one here at home - or can I get one after arriving at
Heathrow?

I got mine at the tube station in Heathrow. I am told that you can
use a credit card, but I paid with the cash I got from the ATM in the
arrival area. If you want to take the Picadilly line into London (the
cheapest way), you can get a pass for zones 1-2 and pay a small cash
supplement for the rides from and to LHR.

Old August 5th, 2007, 10:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Patrick Wallace

Yes, you can only get a 7-day Travelcard on the Oyster, and you can
get it after arriving at Heathrow. Your Travelcard only needs to cover
zones 1 and 2 - ask the clerk for that and the add-ons to get you into
central London and back to the airport again for your return trip.

Don't forget the Travelcard also gets you one-third off boat trips as
well.

PJW