the US Americans at Constant War

Old December 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Eugene Miya

Default the US Americans at Constant War

In article i,
=?Windows-1252?Q?Markku_Gr=F6nroos?= wrote:
A newspaper article of Helsingin Sanomat reveals today that since the
murders of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King in 1968 more US Americans
have died in "civilian" shootings than in all wars combined during the US
history. Isn't this dandy. Isn't this crazy.

Sure.
Well, as this is a travel group, one of the little known tourist trips
one can take in the USA is to go on machine gun shoots. Lots of
foreigners to the US also come. Very popular as bachelor parties.
I had some awareness from a notable Dillion Precision tape which I was
given a copy (no that's not the one with bikinis, but not too far off).

There was apparently an art show back East titled Machine Gun Fun which
apparently was in the Atlantic (showing a guy who torched a wreck car
with a flame thrower {where can I get one of those? [vintage not make]}).

Then one day passing 3 hrs. S of Las Vegas I saw a handbill for the Gun
Store. I had with me an aging conservative NRA member who needed brain
stimulation so on a lark I took him to his fantasy wish to fire an Uzi
(made popular by the Secret Service after Reagan's shooting).

Now Saturday Night Live years ago did a short on America's insanity
titled "Show us your guns" which still hasn't been topped by even
Moore's Bowling for Columbine. BTW these kinds of machine gun shooting
ranges (stores around found all around the USA: Oregon [does Kinkle mean
anything to you?] and Wikiki in Honolulu (very popular with Japanese
tourists) and I have no doubt elsewhere in the USA.

So after the old man got his life's fantasy complete, teh guy behind the
counter looked at me. Why not try all? About a dozen including a SAW.
So this is what all those DOD dollars get spent on? To say nothing of
all those Museums and an acquaintance's personal tank collection (some
of which appear in various movies).

So that escalated. And I met some nice folk outside Reno. The big well
known shoot is at Knob Creek in KY near Ft. Knox (remember Goldfinger?).
And the program Mail Call did an episode in KC recently.
The noise makes an awesome phone mail message [Ask for "Air support"];
real pretty at night watching the tracers go down range, except for the
occasional richoet. Some of this is on YouTube.

Why anyone would even think about attacking the USA would be crazy.
Americans are crazy.

Well to finish my fix I've got to check off a Civil War era gattling gun
(I've already done that with the modern version, nothing like burning
$100 of ammunition in 1 sec (I got 2.5) joining the club which include
Jessie James [they gave him much more ammo in Iraq] or Jessie Ventura or
Arnold {our Governator}) as well as a rocket propelled grenade (AZ, I
want to keep the armor sample for the penetration) [I've done M-79 grenades].

What you hear less of is that this stuff doesn't always work.
I want the DOD to get its money back.
But I'll keep the flame thrower. I could use it.

Old December 8th, 2007, 10:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"John Kulp" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:53:23 GMT, "sharx35"
wrote:

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ahti.fi...
A newspaper article of Helsingin Sanomat reveals today that since the
murders of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King in 1968 more US
Americans
have died in "civilian" shootings than in all wars combined during the US
history. Isn't this dandy. Isn't this crazy.

Perhaps, you can explain WHY, during WWII, so many of your fellow Finns
aided and abetted the Nazis.

That's easy. Because they hated the Russians, not because they liked
the Nazis. A marriage of convenience.

They knew damn well what the Nazis were doing. There was NO excuse for
collaborating with the Nazis.

Old December 8th, 2007, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Markku Grönroos

"sharx35" kirjoitti
viestissä:Oou6j.28241$HH2.10400@edtnps82...

They knew damn well what the Nazis were doing. There was NO excuse for
collaborating with the Nazis.

I don't believe Finns have ever given any excuses: the Nazi party was the
party for the Finns too in order to liquidate the communists. Adi and his
cronies had guns. You don't fight without them. Consult the Brits and the
frogs about the lack of guns. Bolsheviks were freaks. Finns were just on the
right side. Communists disagree, I know.

Old December 9th, 2007, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Russell Patterson

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 21:10:43 -0500, sechumlib

On 2007-12-07 05:48:26 -0500, Markku Grönroos said:

A newspaper article of Helsingin Sanomat reveals today that since the
murders of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King in 1968 more US
Americans have died in "civilian" shootings than in all wars combined
during the US history. Isn't this dandy. Isn't this crazy.

And untrue.

But, even if it were true, a large percentage of those "victims" were
somewhere they shouldn't have been, doing something they shouldn't
have been doing, and the country is somewhat better for it!
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Markku Grönroos

"sechumlib" kirjoitti
. ..
On 2007-12-07 05:48:26 -0500, Markku Grönroos
said:

A newspaper article of Helsingin Sanomat reveals today that since the
murders of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King in 1968 more US
Americans have died in "civilian" shootings than in all wars combined
during the US history. Isn't this dandy. Isn't this crazy.

And untrue.

No, it is true. As absurd it may sound. It surely does!

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:44 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

wrote:

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ti.fi...
A newspaper article of Helsingin Sanomat reveals today that since the
murders of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King in 1968 more US
Americans
have died in "civilian" shootings than in all wars combined during the
US
history. Isn't this dandy. Isn't this crazy.

Perhaps, you can explain WHY, during WWII, so many of your fellow Finns
aided and abetted the Nazis.

That's easy. Because they hated the Russians, not because they liked
the Nazis. A marriage of convenience.

They knew damn well what the Nazis were doing. There was NO excuse for
collaborating with the Nazis.

Were you even alive then?

Ah, he was just regurgitating "government speak" being indoctrinated when a
student as to the official version why Finland allied with the Nazis during
WWII.

Old December 9th, 2007, 11:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Markku Grönroos

"sharx35" kirjoitti
viestissä:vOO6j.29190$Ji6.6534@edtnps89...

Ah, he was just regurgitating "government speak" being indoctrinated when
a student as to the official version why Finland allied with the Nazis
during WWII.

US American government agencies like CIA torture people abroad because such
activies would be "against the law" in the USA.

Old December 9th, 2007, 11:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
John Kulp

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:09:37 +0200,
=?Windows-1252?Q?Markku_Gr=F6nroos?= wrote:

"sharx35" kirjoitti
viestissä:vOO6j.29190$Ji6.6534@edtnps89...

Ah, he was just regurgitating "government speak" being indoctrinated when
a student as to the official version why Finland allied with the Nazis
during WWII.

US American government agencies like CIA torture people abroad because such
activies would be "against the law" in the USA.

Show us any proof of this leftist bull****. That's proof not some
idiiot newspaper printing some article.
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
i.fi...

"sharx35" kirjoitti
viestissä:vOO6j.29190$Ji6.6534@edtnps89...

Ah, he was just regurgitating "government speak" being indoctrinated when
a student as to the official version why Finland allied with the Nazis
during WWII.

US American government agencies like CIA torture people abroad because
such activies would be "against the law" in the USA.

You didn't realize that the Finnish government makes millions on contracts
from the CIA?

Old December 9th, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_2_]

Markku wrote on Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:14:01 +0200:

MG "sechumlib" kirjoitti
MG . ..
?? On 2007-12-07 05:48:26 -0500, Markku Grönroos
?? said:
??
?? A newspaper article of Helsingin Sanomat reveals today
?? that since the murders of Robert Kennedy and Martin
?? Luther King in 1968 more US Americans have died in
?? "civilian" shootings than in all wars combined during the
?? US history. Isn't this dandy. Isn't this crazy.
??
?? And untrue.
??

If anyone is still interested, this site is worth looking at to
give a little balance to the wild accusations:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: