Questions about Ireland and Liverpool

Old April 18th, 2009, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Shawn Hirn

Default Questions about Ireland and Liverpool

Two friends and I plan to go to Ireland this June, then end up in
Liverpool. Our itinerary takes us to Shannon first, then we'll take a
train to Dublin. From Dublin, we expect to take a ferry to Liverpool.

I am going mainly to see a show in Liverpool at the Echo Arena. My
friends are planning the rest of this trip. I am very flexible as to
what I can do during this trip. I am an avid amateur photographer, so I
am looking for some suggestions on ideas of things to do on this trip in
Shannon, Dublin, and Liverpool that will give me opportunities to shoot
scenic photos.

I also wouldn't mind playing a round of golf if its not too expensive.
If anyone can suggest a nice golf course where a beginner can feel
comfortable, let me know. I am just learning to play golf, so I am a
definite beginner, but one of the two people who will be accompanying me
on this trip is a long-time golfer, although I hear he's not very good
at it.

I am a teetotaler, but my two buddies like to drink. In fact, one of
them is a part time bartender, so on their behalf, if anyone can
recommend some good pubs in these areas, please let me know.

Any suggestions you have for scenic areas between Shannon and Liverpool,
or maybe some museums, and pubs, and a golf course, will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan