Elder-unfriendly Philippine Airlines

Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Elder-unfriendly Philippine Airlines

Greetings!
I am Rodolfo D. Aniceto (72 years old) from Pampanga. I am related to
his Most Rev. Paciano B. Aniceto, DD. We are holding GUM/MNL/GUM
ticket. Ako po ay na off load last 28 July 2007 from Manila. My wife
and I traveled together. She is a handicap passenger and on wheelchair
with catheter. She underwent cataract surgery two weeks back.

My It's about experience started when I check-in at 730pm for GUM and
your staff NING said that I cannot be boarded because I hold a non-
revenue ticket as they are only accepting revenue passengers without
any other reason but that. I told her what PAL Guam office told me
that I will not encounter any problem and my booking was ok and
confirmed with seat assignments but she would not hear me as she said
they do not honor anything from Guam. I even have it my booking
reconfirmed. I asked for her complete name but she refused to answer
me. She just told me that I cannot be boarded that's all. She was
affront rude and disrespectful. She asked me to get out of the line
and wait if I want. She can check-in my incapacitated wife can be
boarded without any problem.

Why is your staff overly rude and disrespectful? We waited until the
closure of the counter for Guam. Unfortunately, we were not taken in
for consideration and compassion. We were not minded at all. The
porter brought us to counter 13 for the reschedule for the following
day. They gave us a gift of rebooking NUF free. Was it my problem to
get into this dilemma? Your staff at counter 13 shouted and told me
that her transaction will be long and we cannot wait for her. It was
good thing that the guy occupying counter 11 observed what has
happened and called us to assist and help. He gave us sorry head
shake when I said I was off-loaded for no valid explanation except
that I am a non-revenue ticket holder. That was already 10pm. We did
not have our dinner and my pitiful wife was so stressed out and
hungry. My problem was where the hell will we stay and rest until
your 10:20pm flight for the following day? Throbbing pain and anger
ang feeling ko for the inconsideration you gave my wife and me. We
finally ate at 2am.

I did not ask and begged for the ticket. I won the promo and in our
excitement we decided to buy another for my wife and what a presumably
happy homecoming experience turned out be a miserable incident. Had I
known that I will be overly bothered using the ticket they awarded me
- I will refuse the free travel outright.

We do not deserve your appalling treatment.

The following day your customer relations officers (duty officer
should be helping pax like me at 6am)but was never available. Only
the guards were there. Where are they? The Guards are your customer
relations officers as they feed and keep giving me numbers to call
(879-5698/5916/5918/5917/5920/8558000) that are neither working or a
fax phone or just ringing.

Finally at 930am, someone answered and handed it to a certain Rene
Reyes, who talked to me and said that I cannot be boarded as the
flight was over booked and my priority is PD8 meaning that my ticket
is bookable but can be off loaded anytime without any notice. If I
want to be boarded I need to change my priority code to N with the VP
and that will be very hard, she said. And will still wait til
Monday.

I was also advise that my wife was off-loaded due to an immigration
problem and the counter people were the only ones who knew about it.
How can that be possible, we never had the chance to reach the
Immigration due to my outright bumped off. She was not off-loaded in
the first place. She is incapacitated and will need someone to assist
her to go the Immigration.

Why all these problems cropped up and presumed when it was just a
plain classic case of an unexplained off-loading a promo winner of a
non-rev ticket? Very good Advertisement.

FYI, we are green card holders and her passport expires in 2011 and
our documents are inorder.

We are poor elderly passengers but we are not beggars to be push
around the way you did to my wife and me.

This is a pitiful and deplorable experience for someone who housed
and accommodated your staff out of kindness for months (Agnes
Buenaventura and another male person from your PAL Sales office in
Manila) from an unknown environment years ago when they were assigned
in Guam without any compensation.

Why is respect for elders out-dated and obsolete?

Are your staff foreign to compassion and consideration?

Are these the kind of high-tech training they get now?

The slogan "It's about experience" that you are very proud to claim
was made sure was done to us.

Mine will be My Pal's Pathetic Experience (MYPalPAc EX).

I know you will do nothing about my My Pal's Pathetic Experience.

Now I know that your airline represents mga PINOY na mayabang at
bastos and your airline is elder-unfriendly. You made us feel that we
are nothing. That you do not need our business. Ayaw ninyo ng bother
na walang monetary na kapalit. You all do not believe in respect and
sincerity.

Kaya nga "It's about experience". Good or bad it's still about
experience.

Bastos kayo! Wala kayong respect.
You have no regard for the elderly.
May you experience the extreme thoughtlessness and insensitivity you
provided my wife.

CAPITAL BASTOS kayo MGA TAGA PHILIPPINE AIRLINES.
I REFUSE TO BE A FILIPINO KUNG KASAMA KO KAYO
MGA TAGA PHILIPPINE AIRLINES.
NAKAKAHIYA KAYO!

I will refuse PAL TICKET UNTIL I die.

Thank you and GOD Bless!

Rodolfo D. Aniceto
I am listed in Guam directory.
Promo Winner / Whiner

Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air
NotABushSupporter

wrote:

Greetings!
I am Rodolfo D. Aniceto (72 years old) from Pampanga. I am related to
his Most Rev. Paciano B. Aniceto, DD. We are holding GUM/MNL/GUM
ticket.

Why does it matter who you are related to?

Why all these problems cropped up and presumed when it was just a
plain classic case of an unexplained off-loading a promo winner of a
non-rev ticket? Very good Advertisement.

FYI, we are green card holders and her passport expires in 2011 and
our documents are inorder.

Who said anything about your documents.
You were on a non-revenue ticket. This affects your priority for boarding.
The flight was overbooked.

We are poor elderly passengers but we are not beggars to be push
around the way you did to my wife and me.

Nobody pushed you around. You were treated like a non-revenue passenger.
This would be like buying an economy ticket and expecting first class
treatment.

This is a pitiful and deplorable experience for someone who housed
and accommodated your staff out of kindness for months (Agnes
Buenaventura and another male person from your PAL Sales office in
Manila) from an unknown environment years ago when they were assigned
in Guam without any compensation.

Why is respect for elders out-dated and obsolete?

It had NOTHING to do with age.

Are your staff foreign to compassion and consideration?

Mine will be My Pal's Pathetic Experience (MYPalPAc EX).

I know you will do nothing about my My Pal's Pathetic Experience.

Now I know that your airline represents mga PINOY na mayabang at
bastos and your airline is elder-unfriendly.

You were not boarded because they overbooked and you had a lower
priority ticket. It was NOT about your age.

You made us feel that we
are nothing. That you do not need our business. =
I will refuse PAL TICKET UNTIL I die.

They did nothing that isn't done by the other carriers.
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Thank you for sparing your time.
I have sent a lot of messages to PAL executives even with their GSA in
Guam.
Let me share with you their email that are far and between just for an
explanation on my case

1)
date Aug 1, 2007 8:38 AM
subject Fwd: Aniceto/Rodolfo PAL Record / BM63P2 GUM/MNL/GUM
mailed-by pal.com.ph
Dear Mr. Aniceto,

We apologize for the incident . Our Customer Relations Office is now
investigating this matter. Please expect their further communication.

Again our apologies,

Gigi D. Mediarito
WEBSITE MANAGEMENT
Corporate E-Business Department
Philippine Airlines
http://www.philippineairlines.com

2)
On 8/1/07, wrote:

First of all, allow us to thank you for sharing with us and
bringing to our attention the ordeal of our passenger, Mr. Rodolfo
Aniceto.

We sincerely apologize to what transpired during his trip back to
Guam.

I have endorsed your email to our Customer Relations, Manila
Airport Services and Office of the President of Philippine Airlines.
We will certainly look into this matter and secure the handling
details of this case.

Once again, kindly extend our apology to Mr. Aniceto.

Very truly yours,

POCHOLO M. AZUCENA
Manager
GSA Relations and Charter Services
Philippine Airlines
7th Floor, PAL Center, Legazpi Street
Legaspi Village, Makati City, Philippines

Phone: (632) 818 7193
Fax : (632) 893 2216

3)
from
"
date Aug 3, 2007 3:45 PM
subject Fw: Aniceto/Rodolfo R/BM63P2 GUM/MNL/GUM
mailed-by pal.com.ph
Dear Mr. Aniceto,

As promised in our acknowledgement email sent last July 31st,
we shall correspond with you again the soonest we receive
all the handling reports from the offices concerned.

Thank you for your further patience.

Sincerely,

SARAH

MA. SARAH S. REYES
Customer Management Officer
Customer Relations

Tel. no: (632) 8172844
Fax no: (632) 8943930

It's been a week but all I get was sorry and further patient.
WHY IS PAL TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER ME?
They are most likely trying to lose/mislay all pertinent records about
my complain. The next we knew the records were all washed out by the
computer and forget all about it. And that's it and nothing more.
What are they are covering and washing out?
Or was there ever an investigation being done?
Was there ever a looking out and securing of the handling details
being made?
Or may I say what I am expecting.
A poor old man should not anticipate anything from the Giants.
Their staff shoo the old dogs and that's it. PAL THINKS THAT
No matter what clarification you need if you are poor you will never
get it.
I need explanation on the terrible dilemma we went through.
Winning a PAL Ticket back home is such a joy but had left us bad
memories hard to forget. We have earned respect in our lives
somehow.
WHY MUST THIS BE DONE TO US IN OUR RIPEN YEARS?
I have lived in Guam for many years. My sons are all in the mainland.
I should have thrown my PAL ticket our have donated it to the dogs
instead.
I should have considered Hawaii for my wife cataract surgery than my
country. I should have spared us from this bad experience.
Or I should have taken Continental Airlines.

Old August 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Thank you for sparing your time.
I have sent a lot of messages to PAL executives in Manila and with
their GSA here in Guam.
Let me share with you their emails that are far and between for just

On 8/1/07, wrote:

[...]

It's been a week but all I get was sorry and further patience.
WHY IS PAL TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER ME?
They are most likely trying to lose/mislay all pertinent records about
my complain. The next we knew the records were all washed out by the
computer and have forgetten all about it.
And nothing more is heard from PAL.
What are they are covering and washing out?
Or was there ever an investigation being done in first place?
Was there ever a looking out and securing of the handling details
being made?
Mother of the maybes was the staff relative to the owners or
politicians or high people?
Or may I ask what I am expecting?
A poor old man should not anticipate anything from the Giants.
Their staff shoo the old dogs and that's it. PAL THINKS THAT
no matter what clarification you need if you are poor and nobody you
will never get anything practically NOTHING!
I need explanation on the terrible dilemma we went through.
Winning a PAL Ticket back home is such a joy but had left us dreadful
memories hard to forget.
We have earned respect in our lives somehow.
Respect is our pride how can we pride ourselves now?
WHY MUST THIS BE DONE TO US IN OUR RIPEN YEARS?
Had I know this will happen...
I should have thrown my award PAL ticket or could have donated it to
the dogs instead.
I should have considered Hawaii for my wife cataract surgery than my
country.
I could have refrain and have spared us from this bad experience.
I could have not subjected my wife with that miserable and depressing
experience.
Or I should have taken Continental Airlines.
Maybe until now I have high regards for my country's airline.

Old August 6th, 2007, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

wrote:

It's been a week but all I get was sorry and further patient.
WHY IS PAL TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER ME?

You really need to RELAX

When they denied you boarding due to the oversell, did they compensate you?

You seem to think someone has singled you out. This is untrue.

Airlines overbook in order to fly as full as possible.
When more people show up than there are seats available, the airline
becomes oversold.
Usually enough people don't show up or accept voluntary denied boarding
compensation. Sometimes, this doesn't free up enough seats. This means
that they now have to deny boarding to someone. Airlines have an order
of priority for who gets denied. Unfortunately, since you were on a
non-rev ticket, you were selected. Having been selected, you would
normally be given compensation, as long as you met the conditions
required for check-in. Overbooking is an efficient way of filling as
many seats as possible.

I suspect the rudeness you feel you received was mainly you feeling that
you were entitled to be boarded, and at some point being agressive
enough in your demands that you encountered some firmness from
employees. You took it personal, when there really was nothing personal
about it.
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:10 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Aug 6, 8:27 am, mrtravel wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I am asking anything but an explanation for my denied boarding.
We were never compensated for being off-loaded.
I am a promo winner of PAL in Guam last March 2007.
We made sure everything will be ok and PAL assured us.
So how can they deny me? Secondly, I traveled with my wife.
She is a handicap passenger and on wheelchair with catheter.
She underwent cataract surgery two weeks back.
PAL staff outright rude said she is denying my boarding without any
explanation.
I checked in at 730pm for their 1020pm flight
They have subjected us to a very difficult situation hard to
comprehend.
Please tell in my your heart the kind of reaction I should feel and
act.

Old August 6th, 2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
TMOliver

wrote in message
ps.com...

It's been a week but all I get was sorry and further patient.
WHY IS PAL TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER ME?

Let's try it really slowly, so that perhaps it will sink in.....

Thank you for sparing your time.
I am asking anything but an explanation for my denied boarding.
We were never compensated for being off-loaded.
I am a promo winner of PAL in Guam last March 2007.

Yours was an "Award Ticket", a "Promo" as you put it which cost you nothing,
and gave you a lower priority than the paying pax. Nothing in life is free,
and when it seems to be, things may change not always for the better. PAL
(as is routine among ALL airlines), oversold the flight, confident that "x"
number of pax would not show up. Everybody showed up. Your "free" ticket
made you the first to get "bumped".

We made sure everything will be ok and PAL assured us.
So how can they deny me?

Look on the old Spanish nautical charts of the region. The Philipines are
named, often in big curlicued letter, the Islas de Ladrones, the Isles of
Thieves. Along with baluts and adobo, the natives have only modest moral
compunctions, having had to live so long under the heel of foreign rulers.
Independene has not improved their habits. Why, sailors will tell you that
whether in Cavite or Olongapo, someone's was always getting f*cked. This
was your day in the barrel.

Secondly, I traveled with my wife.
She is a handicap passenger and on wheelchair with catheter.
She underwent cataract surgery two weeks back.

PAL didn't deny your wife's boarding (although given her condition, she
likely should not have been flying that soon). They would have apparently
let her fly (on a ticket upon which a "fare" has been paid).

PAL staff outright rude said she is denying my boarding without any
explanation.

My God, how fortunate you were that it wasn't United or USAir. Their staff
would have probably beaten you soundly, then called the police to haul you
away in irons. ;-P

I checked in at 730pm for their 1020pm flight

The time of check in didn't matter, given the type ticket you were holding

They have subjected us to a very difficult situation hard to
comprehend.
Please tell in my your heart the kind of reaction I should feel and
act.

Well, having been in the Philippines, I'll tell you that a "week" is far too
soon to worry. Filipinos are charter members of the "Manana" club, a
fraternity of many former Spanish dependencies/colonies. I wouldn't expect
much in the way of compensation, but you'll likely receive a written
apology, and maybe a six pack of San Miguel and a free pass on somebody's
cousin's jitney.

Que lastima!

TMO

Old August 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Aug 6, 11:30 pm, "TMOliver" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

Thanks for sparing your time.
I wanted fast explanation from PAL
I won the ticket at the Micronesia Mall.
I made sure before I bought my wife's that we will not have any
problem
and we were assured.
I hope you will understand my predicament.
Thank you ans GOD Bless!

Old August 8th, 2007, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Banty

In article .com,
says...

On Aug 6, 11:30 pm, "TMOliver" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

Was there a date limitation on the ticket? Did you have to use it when you did?

Banty

Old August 9th, 2007, 03:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On 9 Aug, 04:13, Banty wrote:
In article .com,
says...

On Aug 6, 11:30 pm, "TMOliver" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

I am sure there was limitations but I have no changes in anything.
I have done what I have requested PAL in the first place.
Had I known that I will encounter such dilemma with PAL
we would have never consider of claiming it.
I have used Continental Airlines all the time.
Regrets are always at the end of all decisions.
Thank you and GOD Bless!