Best place inThailand for Family Trip

Old January 6th, 2009, 01:37 AM
esnc esnc is offline
Member

Default Best place inThailand for Family Trip

I am planning for a trip to Thailand around April 2009 along with my family. I have shortlisted 4 destinations in Thailand- BAngkok,Phuket,Pattaya and Koh Samui and we plan to visit one of the places. Pls guide what is the good time in the year to visit these places? and Which of these four places would be great for a family holiday?
Thanks in advance.
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:13 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article , esnc says...

I am planning for a trip to Thailand around April 2009 along with my
family. I have shortlisted 4 destinations in Thailand-
BAngkok,Phuket,Pattaya and Koh Samui and we plan to visit one of the
places. Pls guide what is the good time in the year to visit these
places? and Which of these four places would be great for a family
holiday?

Bangkok is a city, quite interesting but also big and messy. Not really
suitable if you travel with small children. But if you have bigger kids
it should be no problem.

And Bangkok is also hot in April. Bangkok is about always hot (one source
knows to tell that the lowest temperature measured by modern thermometers
has been 11C thus far). However, April is the hottest month of year.

I would avoid Phuket and Pattaya and head to Koh Samui for a beach
holiday.

Pattaya is true waste of time for anyone. Neighbouring Jomtien is better but
Thailand has tons of better beaches though. I wouldn't play Phuket down. It
is a beautiful island. It is true that the Samui waters at Chaweng are
better for floating on one's back than anywhere in Phuket.

Old January 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
alex

www.pattayatours.com.au

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
i.fi...

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article , esnc says...

Old January 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
alex

hi, Pattaya has everything, from theme parks, beaches, day trips, elephant
park, modern shopping & back street stalls & markets, nightlife whatever you
want, whether Family fun or adult, pattaya is the best place in thailand..
April 11th to 14th approx is Thailand new year / Songkran. so no matter
where you go in thailand, take a good plastic bag for songkran and place
mobile phone, wallet smokes etc in the bag and seal it up as songkran is the
"water festival" You will get wet. i like thailand / pattaya so much i built
my website.Feel free to contact me anytime.

www.pattayatours.com.au

Thanks
Alex

Old January 7th, 2009, 12:17 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , esnc says...

I am planning for a trip to Thailand around April 2009 along with my
family. I have shortlisted 4 destinations in Thailand-
BAngkok,Phuket,Pattaya and Koh Samui and we plan to visit one of the
places. Pls guide what is the good time in the year to visit these
places? and Which of these four places would be great for a family
holiday?

Bangkok is a city, quite interesting but also big and messy. Not really
suitable if you travel with small children. But if you have bigger kids
it should be no problem.

I would avoid Phuket and Pattaya and head to Koh Samui for a beach
holiday.

April will be quite hot, immediately before the rainy season, but on the
beaches the heat should be bearable.
--

Alfred Molon
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Peter Webb[_2_]

Pattaya is not a good family holiday destination. Its more a single man type
of destination; a not very good beach but tons of whores.

Bangkok has some good things to see - the Royal Palace, markets, stuff like
that - but its not exactly the sort of place that a family would hang-out
at - a few days shopping and seeing the sites would probably be enough.

Both Phuket and Koh Samui are very suitable family destinations, with plenty
to do - watersports, resorts, cultural shows blah blah. Last time I was at
either place (a long time ago) Phuket was more a family scene and Koh Samui
more a traveller scene, but either would be a great destination for the
kids.

HTH