Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 28th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Danni

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
Look, if Danni-Stephanie Troll doesn't understand the basics of her own
disabilities, and isn't willing to stand tall on her own legal status, no
one else will. You're preaching to a stump. A retired one at that.

Still got your underwear in a bunch over that, don't you?

Considering the amount of work I did to get the law passed in the first
place, I seriously doubt I need help from either one of you in order to
defend my position.

Old March 28th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On 28 Mar 2005 08:58:55 -0800, "LeeNY" wrote:

Target is owned by
Federated, if I'm not mistaken. Same company that owns Marshall Fields
and I think Dayton Hudson - a very nice department store chain.

Hi Lee,

This would be a big surprise to many. :+) As a matter of
clarification, Target is NOT owned by Federated. Their stock symbol
is TGT.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:21:09 -0500, E.k.R. wrote:

Tired of I-75 traffic in to work?

Tired of the traffic but we also want to live in a more diverse area. Where
we live now is a little too white-bread for me. We used to live in a loft
at 5th and Peachtree and I really miss culture, diversity, non-chain
restaurants, etc. Also, most of our friends will not come visit now as we
live too far (OTP). We have a great house but I'm just not ready to give
into suburbia. We tired it for four years and now it's time to go "home".

Ernie

I understand. I had a family to raise so those culturally diverse places
didn't work for us. We thought about a "second" place in one of the new
high rises but passed. Hubby thinks he is a timber framer and wants to
build our own mountain place now. He's a nutcase, pure and simple.

I miss the those restaurants, worked a "peculiar" job on 10th Street at the
Midtowm MARTA area, and *really* miss the amateur plays and such at all
those funky playhouses. I know you two will enjoy it.
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 27 Mar 2005 21:19:08 -0800, Linsifer wrote:

I'm learning to invite more diversity into my life and basically just
having more acceptance, period. It seems when I let down my guard a
little and allow different types of "cultures" and "ways of doing
things" to become a part of my world, things just have a way of feeling
more balanced for me.

Call me when you post and work as I do. Let those babies free, Linds.

http://tinyurl.com/5bux9
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Marc Schwartz

Stephan in Burlington wrote:
On 28 Mar 2005 08:58:55 -0800, while the Captain of the mv Perfecto
was guiding her to her next port, "LeeNY" wrote:

while Target sells good quality for low prices. Target is owned by
Federated, if I'm not mistaken. Same company that owns Marshall Fields
and I think Dayton Hudson

Target Corporation used to be called Dayton Hudson. They changed the
name to Target about a year ago

Five years ago...in 2000. The Target Corporation is still quite
independent (not owned by Federated) and profitable.

What were the Dayton's stores (the predominant upscale chain here in
Minnesota) became Marshall Fields and they frankly went downhill at that
point. We rarely shop there any longer.

and sold off Marshall Fields and
Mervyn's.

in 2004 to the May Department Store chain.

Federated owns Macy's and Bloomingdale's.

And they will now own all May based stores as part of an $11B buyout.

Besides owning Marshall Fields, from Yahoo:

May owns Lord & Taylor; Filene's and Kaufmann's; Robinsons-May and Meier
& Frank; Hecht's and Strawbridge's; Foley's, and Famous-Barr, L.S. Ayres
and The Jones Store. The May's Bridal Group operates 210 David's Bridal
stores, 460 After Hours Formalwear stores and 10 Priscilla of Boston stores.

Marc
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:54 PM
DaFlaBear

We have an excellent Super Wal-Mart in Port St. Lucie, Florida.
You are all welcome to visit here for all of your pre cruise needs,
including plastic bottles to hide your booze.

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:14 PM
LeeNY

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On 28 Mar 2005 08:58:55 -0800, "LeeNY" wrote:

Target is owned by
Federated, if I'm not mistaken. Same company that owns Marshall

Fields
and I think Dayton Hudson - a very nice department store chain.

Hi Lee,

This would be a big surprise to many. :+) As a matter of
clarification, Target is NOT owned by Federated. Their stock symbol
is TGT.

My mistake. I remember buying things with Marshall Fields labels on
them at Target, many years ago. This was well before Target had moved
into my area (NY/NJ metro). So, things may have changed. But, I thoght,
back then, Target was owned by the same company that owned Marshall
Fields.

Hmm. Looking at the Target website, under "company history", they were
founded as a cheaper sibling to Dayton's which I'm guessing became
Dayton Hudson at some point? Then, Dayton Hudson aquired Marshall
Fields in 1990. In 2000, Dayton Hudson changed its name to Target
Corporation, which would explain the symbol change. Here's the info,
fyi. (I knew I wasn't crazy).

http://www.targetcorp.com/targetcorp.../history.jhtml

Lee

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:06:14 -0600, Rich Greene
) wrote:

Nobody has mentioned that Wal Mart allows RVers to park overnight in
their parking lots for free. A good business decision providing some idiot
doesn't dump his dirty water tank in the lot.

I didn't know that.
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Scott W

) wrote:

Nobody has mentioned that Wal Mart allows RVers to park overnight

in
their parking lots for free. A good business decision providing

some idiot
doesn't dump his dirty water tank in the lot.

I didn't know that.

Where as this is true of many Wal Marts there are some that do not
allow RVers to park over night, see this link

http://www.freecampgrounds.com/noparking.html

I should say that my wife and I both do a lot of RVing and a fair bit
of cruising, we are looking at taking a cruise some time late this
summer.

Scott