Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 29th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Charles

In article , SF\
wrote:

...and if I'm not mistaken - May Company, which bought Marshall Fields from
Target Corp (which used to be called Dayton Hudson until they renamed all
their Daytons and Hudsons stores into Marshall Fields) has agreed to a
merger/purchase by Federated.

It is true and presumed that after the merger most department stores
taken over by Federated will be eventually be renamed---Macy's.

--
Charles

Old March 29th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Wanda Lust

I live near a port and a Walmart. In this area Walmart certainly
doesn't provide bus to their store. The transportation is paid for by
the passengers. Almost exclucively, crew members.

I see a van once in awhile with what appears to be cruise paseengers.
Theys eem to be shopping for last minute items: toiletreis, soda pop and
such.

Don't know about the fast food places but the food court in our mall is
frequented by the crew. Probably because it's another stop on that bus
run. BTW I've also run into crew at some of the thrift shops as well.

Old March 29th, 2005, 05:33 PM
villa deauville

The Wal-Marts in our area are by far better stocked than the Target
store.
Target store never seems to have many customers.
I would guess Wal-Mart must be doing something right, at least in our
area.
SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _ *)

Old March 29th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Linsifer

I feel that the Wal*Mart I've visited 35 miles away also has a lot more
to choose from compared to Target. Sure, it seems "busier" not just in
terms of people...the aisles have the merchandise stacked higher giving
a more claustrophic feel...whereas Target is more "open" with brighter
decor. However, that doesn't mean squat if I can't find what I'm
looking for. Certainly the aesthetics of a store are appealing to
customers, but I feel there also needs to be a consistent variety of
items to get me to go back on a regular basis. Sometimes Target is too
sterile for me. And, their color scheme always seems to be bright
oranges, lime greens, turquoise blues, lemon yellows. Gee, even their
clothes are in those colors. :-) I bought several blouses from there
recently and I believe that's basically what I had to choose from. Even
in the dead of a dark Winter, Target looks like Spring or Summer.
grin

---
Lindsay

Sunny had written:

Old March 29th, 2005, 10:39 PM
villa deauville

Lindsay
"sterile" is the word I too use for Target.

SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _ *)