Manhattan hotels...

Old February 12th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Tom Cordiner

Default Manhattan hotels...

Hi all,

Quite a specific question, but someone may be able to help. Googling for
this sort of thing hasn't proved very helpful!

I am in New York for a weekend at the end of February. I usually stay with
family or at a fairly expensive hotel in Manhattan but am, on this occasion,
not too fussed about 5* deluxe accommodation...

So I was wondering if anyone knew much about either of these hotels:

http://www.metropolitanhotelnyc.com

and

http://hotelbroadwayplazanewyork.com/

I want reasonable comfort, very central (Manhattan midtown, I
guess) location and decent prices. The prices on these 2 seem fine, but I
can find very little in any guide books/reviews.

Anyone have any views/experiences or recommendations? Which one
would people go for--I really can't decide!

Would be extremely grateful for any help what so ever on what I
realise is rather a specific question.

Thanks,

Tom

Old February 12th, 2004, 03:34 PM
me

"Tom Cordiner" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

Quite a specific question, but someone may be able to help. Googling for
this sort of thing hasn't proved very helpful!

Try google groups and search on those hotel names. I found alot of
old posts which mention them from folks who have stayed there.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=b4ntsf%2422id30%241%40ID-182538.news.dfncis.de

Old February 13th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Bruce in Calif

So I was wondering if anyone knew much about either of these hotels:

http://www.metropolitanhotelnyc.com

and

http://hotelbroadwayplazanewyork.com/

I want reasonable comfort, very central (Manhattan midtown, I
guess) location and decent prices. The prices on these 2 seem fine, but I
can find very little in any guide books/reviews.

Don't know about the second one, but the Metropolitan is a pretty good deal.
It's clean and comfortable and in a fab. location. Right on the 6 line if
you take the subway. I would think that a far better location than the
other.. If you look around at some of the hotel bargain sites, often the
Metropolitan is one of their properties and you can get a much better price
than calling the hotel directly.. The Metropolitan, BTW, is a
reincarnation of the old Loew's Summit. We've stayed there last just before
9/11, so I hope my thoughts are still relavant. At least I'm right about
the location being really good. Have a nice visit to NYC -- our favorite
city.
Bruce

Old February 24th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Giancarlo

I'd definitely suggest avoiding the Gershwin Hotel - I have stayed in
many but this one doesn't seem to be able to honour reservations (and
I know others who have had the same problems) & puts people up in
dirty dormitory rooms.

Giancarlo