Waffle Station, Made to Order Eggs, etc On Solstice

Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kate

Default Waffle Station, Made to Order Eggs, etc On Solstice

Every morning I went to the "made to order Egg Station" and had an
omlet made. Then went around the corner of the counter and had a
Waffle made. The Waffle machine was on the back cooker and the young
man manning it made sure that there wasn't too many sitting there. He
kept up very well. they also made the French Toast and Pancakes back
there too on a grill. Next to where the Waffles were there was all of
the fixings for them, i.e., Syrup, Orange Butter, Whipped Cream, etc.

I really enjoyed the food on this cruise, thought it was great. But
due to a diet restriction (I know, on top of no Chocolate) I ate well
and enjoyed doing it. (And lost 4 pounds with all of the exercise).

KateChairperson of the GGC2009 Solstice Cruise
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
uCruiser.com

You went on a cruise and lost weight?????
Last time I had my stateroom all the way aft in the ship, so I did a lot of
walking. I never used the elevator and I walked a lot at the different
ports. It was a 7 day cruise and I gained 5 lbs :/

Let's hear you secret

Mike
www.uCruiser.com

Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Kate" wrote in message
Every morning I went to the "made to order Egg Station" and had an
omlet made. Then went around the corner of the counter and had a
Waffle made. The Waffle machine was on the back cooker and the young
man manning it made sure that there wasn't too many sitting there. He
kept up very well. they also made the French Toast and Pancakes back
there too on a grill. Next to where the Waffles were there was all of
the fixings for them, i.e., Syrup, Orange Butter, Whipped Cream, etc.

I really enjoyed the food on this cruise, thought it was great. But
due to a diet restriction (I know, on top of no Chocolate) I ate well
and enjoyed doing it. (And lost 4 pounds with all of the exercise).

KateChairperson of the GGC2009 Solstice Cruise

Hi Kate,
You found something that I didn't see and wish I had! But we most always ate
breakfast after ten/ten thirty and went straight to where we found what we
wanted each day; hurrying because we thought they would shut the breakfast
buffet down and start preparing the buffet for lunch. Good to know for the
next time!
The food was very good and I'm surprised that I only gained three pounds. I
especially liked the day that they had brunch in the dining room. There was
a good variety and it enabled us to eat a little later and still find all
that we wanted.
--Jean

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kate

"Kate" wrote in message

Every morning I went to the "made to order Egg Station" and had an
omlet made. *Then went around the corner of the counter and had a
Waffle made. *The Waffle machine was on the back cooker and the young
man manning it made sure that there wasn't too many sitting there. *He
kept up very well. *they also made the French Toast and Pancakes back
there too on a grill. *Next to where the Waffles were there was all of
the fixings for them, i.e., Syrup, Orange Butter, Whipped Cream, etc.

I really enjoyed the food on this cruise, thought it was great. *But
due to a diet restriction (I know, on top of no Chocolate) I ate well
and enjoyed doing it. *(And lost 4 pounds with all of the exercise).

KateChairperson of the GGC2009 Solstice Cruise- Hide quoted text -

I'm sorry that my original answer never posted. I sit infront of a
computer lots and get very little exercise. When I cruise I have to
walk to get everywhere. Want lunch? Walk. Want dinner? Walk. Want
that extra cup of coffee? Walk. Want to go for a swim?
Walk.........well, you get the picture.....I go down steps but, this
trip, I didn't do any climbing the stairs (Bum knee)

So, there you have my "secret" Walk, walk, walk.

Kate
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message
[...]

Jean, we also did breakfast late almost all mornings and the waffle/egg
station was always open. I kept finding other interesting things to eat
and never got to the omelet station before filling my plate. All the
food was very good and varied.

Because I knew we were sleeping late most days, I checked the schedule
and the breakfast buffet was available until 11:30 each day.

That brunch was a great idea and very tasty.

sue