Same itinerary twice?

Old February 28th, 2009, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paul Krause

Default Same itinerary twice?

Has anyone ever done the same cruise twice?

I just booked a family cruise (4 of us) on the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda.

My wife and I did the same trip in the spring of '08.

We wanted to cruise this year but just couldn't find the right ship or
itinerary so we just decided to do our favorite again.

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

Paul
Old February 28th, 2009, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
Has anyone ever done the same cruise twice?

I just booked a family cruise (4 of us) on the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda.

My wife and I did the same trip in the spring of '08.

We wanted to cruise this year but just couldn't find the right ship or
itinerary so we just decided to do our favorite again.

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

Paul

Yeah.... I've been to Bermuda 9 times IIRC. 7 Times on Zenith. 2 Times on
Explorer.

Why? Bermuda ships sail from the NYC area, where we live, so no flights
required... Bermuda is spectacular... and has wonderful golf courses.

--Tom

Old February 28th, 2009, 04:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Feb 27, 10:46*pm, Paul Krause wrote:
Has anyone ever done the same cruise twice?

I just booked a family cruise (4 of us) on the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda.

My wife and I did the same trip in the spring of '08.

We wanted to cruise this year but just couldn't find the right ship or
itinerary so we just decided to do our favorite again.

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

Yep ... We've gone to Canada three times ... twice exactly the same
ports ... the second time we were limited due to age issues with my
wife's mother and aunt ... had to leave out of NY ... had to be no
more than 5 days ... had to be during a certain time period ... Turned
out very well ...

We've been to Bermuda 3 times ... slightly different as to how we were
in port ... but that is a vacation on a cruiseship rather than a
cruise ... Bermuda is just special IMO ...
To me like a visit to Rome ... we've been there 3 times ... and going
back a 4th is above some other cities in Europe we hadn't visited even
once ... Other places are nice to see ... but Rome is special IMO ...

Old February 28th, 2009, 04:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Paul Krause wrote:
Has anyone ever done the same cruise twice?

I just booked a family cruise (4 of us) on the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda.

My wife and I did the same trip in the spring of '08.

We wanted to cruise this year but just couldn't find the right ship or
itinerary so we just decided to do our favorite again.

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

We did a land trip to Bermuda back in the 70s. Since then we have taken
3 seven day cruises there and another cruise that just spent a day
there. We are hoping to take another Bermuda cruise in 2011 if things
work out. Bermuda is a wonderful place to visit and I could go again and
again.

The only ship we took twice was the original Crown Princess, but we have
gone to many ports again and again.

sue
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

We wanted to cruise this year but just couldn't find the right ship or
itinerary so we just decided to do our favorite again.

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

Paul

That's neat you are repeating on your "favorite." Are you saying both
the Dawn (ship) and Bermuda (itin.) are favorites?

I think most experienced cruisers repeat Caribbean itineraries--we
sure have.

My favorite itinerary is tied between Alaska and the Nile.

As to ships, we've sailed the Carnival Conquest twice, the first time
by choice, the second time only because the Conquest was our sole
option for a last-minute cruise out of our drive-to port.

I guess I can't say I have found a favorite ship to repeat, although I
have found favorite ship classes and have repeated within the class,
e.g., Royal Caribbean Voyager class, the new Freedom class, and also
the Jewel (?) class (I can't recall the ship leader, we did the
Serenade which is actually my favorite "mass market" ship of all, but
for the whole family, the Voyager/Freedom are crowd pleasers), and
Princess Sun class (we've repeated in the Grand class, but it's not
really a favorite ship of mine).

Fun things to think about!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
Paul Krause wrote:

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

I have done Bermuda many times and often it was on the same ship
(Zenith multiple, and other ships). In that case it is because I really
like Bermuda. There was not that much choice as far as ships but Zenith
was best of the lot after Pacific Princess was retired. The ship is
more like a hotel to Bermuda so it is less important there. Other times
I have been on the same ship but different itineraries or groups. Crown
Princess and Grand Princess. Galaxy I did twice because I liked the
ship a lot and the itinerary, an 11 day that departed from a nearby
port, Baltimore.

--
Charles
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"D Ball" wrote in message
We wanted to cruise this year but just couldn't find the right ship or
itinerary so we just decided to do our favorite again.

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

Paul

That's neat you are repeating on your "favorite." Are you saying both
the Dawn (ship) and Bermuda (itin.) are favorites?

I think most experienced cruisers repeat Caribbean itineraries--we
sure have.

My favorite itinerary is tied between Alaska and the Nile.

Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Old February 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paul Krause

Thi itinerary is my favorite. Although I like the Dawn I prefer the
Voyager Class ships. But to Bermuda they cost more and give fewer days

Paul

In article
,

Old February 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Sue Mullen wrote:

Paul Krause wrote:
Has anyone ever done the same cruise twice?

I just booked a family cruise (4 of us) on the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda.

My wife and I did the same trip in the spring of '08.

We wanted to cruise this year but just couldn't find the right ship or
itinerary so we just decided to do our favorite again.

So, have you ever done the same trip/ship twice? where and why?

We did a land trip to Bermuda back in the 70s. Since then we have taken
3 seven day cruises there and another cruise that just spent a day
there. We are hoping to take another Bermuda cruise in 2011 if things
work out. Bermuda is a wonderful place to visit and I could go again and
again.

The only ship we took twice was the original Crown Princess, but we have
gone to many ports again and again.

We've been to Bermuda twice by land (1963 and 1995), and twice by ship
(2004 and a flying visit in 2007 - two different ships). I'd go back
to Bermuda in a minute (I still haven't managed to do all I'd like to
do there) although I'd prefer a ship that goes to Hamilton to one that
stays in Kings Wharf. Bermuda is more a destination than it is a
cruise. The ship acts as a hotel on that itinerary and IMHO when you
go to Bermuda the ship is much less important than the destination

I've done several cruises on the same ship, but most of them were
back-to-back cruises and not of the exact same itinerary, and we have
gone to many ports more than once especially in the Caribbean, but
that isn't the specific question that you asked. I would prefer to go
to at least a few different places on each - except for Bermuda.

Old February 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Type your message here.