Same itinerary twice?

Old March 1st, 2009, 05:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

Default Same itinerary twice?

Ermalee wrote:
D Ball wrote:
Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Yes...not even close.

Diana

Tom, if its any consolation, I loved the Baltic cruise, even better than
Alaska.

Ermalee ---going back to give Alaska another shot in May

Especially the Hermitage.

--
Nonny
Elected officials should wear
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_6_]

Nonnymus wrote:
Ermalee wrote:

D Ball wrote:

Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Yes...not even close.

Diana

Tom, if its any consolation, I loved the Baltic cruise, even better
than Alaska.

Ermalee ---going back to give Alaska another shot in May

Especially the Hermitage.

Nonny, are you hankerin' to do that one again?
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Ermalee" wrote in message
D Ball wrote:
Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Yes...not even close.

Diana

Tom, if its any consolation, I loved the Baltic cruise, even better than
Alaska.

Ermalee ---going back to give Alaska another shot in May

So... it's sounding like it's really more a matter of personal taste,
comparing Norway to Alaska. Interesting.

Maybe it's like comparing the Swiss Alps to the Wyoming or Colorado Rockies.
Both mountains, yet VERY different as far as what's there from a human
standpoint. Jackson Hole vs. St. Moritz. The Matterhorn vs. Pike's Peak.

--Tom

Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

Ermalee wrote:
Nonnymus wrote:
Ermalee wrote:

D Ball wrote:

Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Yes...not even close.

Diana

Tom, if its any consolation, I loved the Baltic cruise, even better
than Alaska.

Ermalee ---going back to give Alaska another shot in May

Especially the Hermitage.

Nonny, are you hankerin' to do that one again?

Love it, Erm. Of course, the good company was what made it so special.

You comin' out here before George's cruise in May?

Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Steve[_10_]

Surfer E2468 wrote:
Did the panama canal cruise 3 times on princess,and loved it both
times.......................

Uh.........What?
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_6_]

Nonnymus wrote:
Ermalee wrote:

Nonnymus wrote:

Ermalee wrote:

D Ball wrote:

Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Yes...not even close.

Diana

Tom, if its any consolation, I loved the Baltic cruise, even better
than Alaska.

Ermalee ---going back to give Alaska another shot in May

Especially the Hermitage.

Nonny, are you hankerin' to do that one again?

Love it, Erm. Of course, the good company was what made it so special.

You comin' out here before George's cruise in May?

Not before, perhaps after. We shall see. I'm trying to coax Jean and
Ed to take a few days there too.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

Ermalee wrote:
Nonnymus wrote:

Nonny, are you hankerin' to do that one again?

Love it, Erm. Of course, the good company was what made it so special.

You comin' out here before George's cruise in May?

Not before, perhaps after. We shall see. I'm trying to coax Jean and
Ed to take a few days there too.

We'd love to have them.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

Erm, Jean

We have a timeshare booked in Vegas from May 24th to 31st. We're hoping to
get some time in Reno before and after, but can't book that till March 11th

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

"Ermalee" wrote in message
Nonnymus wrote:
Ermalee wrote:

Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

So... it's sounding like it's really more a matter of personal taste,
comparing Norway to Alaska. *Interesting.

Maybe it's like comparing the Swiss Alps to the Wyoming or Colorado Rockies.
Both mountains, yet VERY different as far as what's there from a human
standpoint. *Jackson Hole vs. St. Moritz. *The Matterhorn vs. Pike's Peak.

--Tom- Hide quoted text -

Tom, to clarify, our Baltics trip didn't include the scenic Norway you
so adore, just Oslo (which was a cool city). I loved seeing
Scandanavia and visiting all of those cities, and I definitely want to
return to St. Petersburg, although by land next time. But you're so
right about personal taste--the Baltics cruise simply wasn't something
that grabbed me or...which was the essential query here...an itinerary
that I'd be interested in repeating.

Diana
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JB Shaw

I took a particular Alaska cruise l0 times because I liked the ship and
the people serving on it. I would still be doing it but they went out
of business. All told, I have taken 35 cruises but that is the only one
I continually repeated. I still miss that ship. It was the Universe
Explorer. Good luck, jbs