Zambia Itinerary

Old January 16th, 2005, 03:23 AM

Default Zambia Itinerary

Hello -

My husband and I plan to visit Zambia in September of this year for
2-2.5 weeks. We have a modest budget somewhere between backpacker and
luxury, but don't mind camping if it keeps the cost down.

I'm planning to visit South Luangwa, Victoria Falls (Livingstone), and
then either Kafue or Lower Zambezi although not necessarily in that
order.

Any opinions as to what might be better for wildlife viewing - Kafue or
Lower Zambezi? Busanga Plains in Kafue sounds pretty cool, but it
sounds like not too many people go here and I'm not sure why.

Thanks!

Old January 16th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Sounds great since we're primarily interested in wildlife viewing -
where did you stay in Kafue? There seem to be 2 places that also have
bush camps on the Busanga Plains - Lunga River which is super pricey
and Lufupa which seems to want me to go through a travel agent. Any
others that you know of that might be cheaper? Thanks!

Old January 17th, 2005, 12:32 AM

Lucky - I need assignments like that I did find one other place
that is planning to have a Busanga Plains camp in 2005 - Mukambi Safari
Lodge. Still waiting to hear back on pricing.

I checked out your photos too -- amazing. What's your favorite place
in Africa for wildlife photography? I think we might make finally make
the jump to DSLR on this trip...