Cairo to Hurghada

Old February 8th, 2005, 06:26 AM
One Haole

Default Cairo to Hurghada

I'll be visiting Egypt this May. The first week I'll be in the Cairo area
and then I'm staying in Hurghada the 2nd week. I could not get the price of
the air fare on the internet but I know it is much more expensive than the
bus. Also, there's no train between Cairo and Hurghada. Later I'll get to
see the countryside by taking the bus or hired car from Hurghada to Luxor
(since there are no trains or planes between them), so I am leaning toward
taking the plane from Cairo to Hurghada. Any information or opinions would
be helpful, like the relative fares and travel time.

Old February 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Dave Patterson

One good option:
Take the bus (or train) to Luxor first,
if your schedule permits. Then take the
bus or share a car from Luxor to Hurghada.

Old February 8th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Nuru

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:26:39 GMT, "One Haole"
wrote:

[...]
I could not get the price of the air fare on the internet but I know
it is much more expensive than the bus.

Last year we should pay around 190 EURO for the flight Hurghada -
Cairo - Hurghada. We decided to go by bus. It was 45 EURO each person.
We booked by travel agency at the hotel and after the trip someone
told us better to go to an tourist office in the city. We could get it
there for 30 EURO

Have a nice trip to Egypt!

MfG

Nuru
Old February 9th, 2005, 06:49 AM
One Haole

One good option:
Take the bus (or train) to Luxor first,
if your schedule permits. Then take the
bus or share a car from Luxor to Hurghada.

Can't do that. Accomodations in Hurghada is a timeshare exchange and can't
change the dates. Thanks for the reply.

Old February 9th, 2005, 06:52 AM
One Haole

[...]
I could not get the price of the air fare on the internet but I know
it is much more expensive than the bus.

Last year we should pay around 190 EURO for the flight Hurghada -
Cairo - Hurghada. We decided to go by bus. It was 45 EURO each person.
We booked by travel agency at the hotel and after the trip someone
told us better to go to an tourist office in the city. We could get it
there for 30 EURO

Have a nice trip to Egypt!

MfG

Nuru