BBC Picks Up On Australia's Ship of Death & Australia's Inhumanity! Cruel *******s!

Old September 24th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Rainer Wolfcastle

Default BBC Picks Up On Australia's Ship of Death & Australia's Inhumanity! Cruel *******s!

http://www.anc.org/farm/farm_article...003_0919_sheep

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3102566.stm

Avoid Australia if you are a tourists. These people behave like North
Koreans in their inhumanity.

Australian sheep on 'death ship'

Australia earns about US$125m a year from live sheep exports
A row is raging in Australia over the fate of more than 50,000
unwanted sheep stranded in gruelling temperatures in the Middle East.
An animal welfare group said on Friday that the sheep should be put
down, amid claims that thousands of the animals had already died.

The sheep arrived in Saudi Arabia for import five weeks ago, but were
rejected because the kingdom claimed 6% of them were suffering from
scabby mouth disease.

This was 1% more than the Saudi Government agreed to allow.

According to Hugh Wirth, Australian president of the Royal Society for
the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, 3,500 of the sheep have now
died.

He said the sheep were facing temperatures of 45-50 degrees centigrade
(113-122 degrees Fahrenheit) .

"It's a fairly hefty option to kill 57,000 sheep, but the fact of life
is, what alternative have we got?" he said in an interview with ABC
radio.

Australian Greens Senator Bob Brown agreed that the sheep should be
put down.

"It's just horrific that this ship has been turned into a death
ship,'' Senator Brown told reporters.

"There are hundreds of sheep dying every day and the rate will
increase."

'Premature' panic

But the chief executive of Australia's Livestock Export Corporation
insisted the sheep were not in particular danger.

"They are in good condition under the circumstances and for that
reason we feel it would be premature to put the sheep down,'' said
Kevin Sheill.

"We are certainly not at that stage, there is a vet and a stockman
with them with plenty of supplies, the ship is a bit like a floating
feedlot," he said.

Mr Sheill said negotiations were under way with another Middle East
country to accept the cargo
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:25 PM
AlmostBob

A Saudi bought the sheep b4 they left Aus, and organised the shipping,

the ship is Dutch
**** on them instead

om...