The Weed Ship

Old August 22nd, 2004, 02:35 AM
Howie

Default The Weed Ship

The post above has sparked an entrepreneurial idea. Wouldn't it be cool
if one the the HAL ships that is registered in the Netherlands, were to
offer a marijuana lounge on board when on the open sea.

Howie

Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:45 AM
Miriam Jewett

Howie wrote:

The post above has sparked an entrepreneurial idea. Wouldn't it be cool
if one the the HAL ships that is registered in the Netherlands, were to
offer a marijuana lounge on board when on the open sea.

Howie

Is it illegal in international waters and foreign port of call?

I think your judging things on U.S. law and standards.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
Brian K

On 08/21/2004 9:35 PM Howie found Nemo in a Sushi Bar and exclaimed:

The post above has sparked an entrepreneurial idea. Wouldn't it be
cool if one the the HAL ships that is registered in the Netherlands,
were to offer a marijuana lounge on board when on the open sea.

Howie

The average HAL cruiser would prefer a glass of wine or a martini or
even their oxygen mask to a doobie. So I don't think it would be very
profitable. On HAL ships there are AA and NA meetings almost every
morning; those are popular. 8-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 10:14 AM
Howie

Brian K wrote:

The average HAL cruiser would prefer a glass of wine or a martini or
even their oxygen mask to a doobie. So I don't think it would be very
profitable. On HAL ships there are AA and NA meetings almost every
morning; those are popular. 8-)

Ah, but I am not talking about the average, current HAL cruiser. I was
thinking about a whole, aging generation of baby boomers.

Howie

Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:35:20 -0400, Howie wrote:

The post above has sparked an entrepreneurial idea.

Website for Baltimore cruises?

Wouldn't it be cool
if one the the HAL ships that is registered in the Netherlands, were to
offer a marijuana lounge on board when on the open sea.

Cool? Stupid is a better word. Let's see how this works.

Pot on ship, ship leaves Netherlands, pot still on ship, ship illegally
transporting cannabis.

This is cool?
Old August 22nd, 2004, 04:09 PM

No, Howie... It wouldn't. ...Jon

Old August 22nd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Tom & Linda

"Howie" wrote in message
Brian K wrote:

The average HAL cruiser would prefer a glass of wine or a martini or
even their oxygen mask to a doobie. So I don't think it would be very
profitable. On HAL ships there are AA and NA meetings almost every
morning; those are popular. 8-)

Ah, but I am not talking about the average, current HAL cruiser. I was
thinking about a whole, aging generation of baby boomers.

How about a Jerry Garcia tribute cruise with about 2000 Dead-Heads.

--Tom

Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:50 PM
Dillon Pyron

wrote:

The post above has sparked an entrepreneurial idea. Wouldn't it be cool
if one the the HAL ships that is registered in the Netherlands, were to
offer a marijuana lounge on board when on the open sea.

Howie

There's a little problem with this concept (actually, a fair number of
large problems, but I like to understate).

The DoJ has asserted that it can try US nationals for violation of US
laws in foreign countries. So, even if what you do in a foreign
country is legal there, they can still bust you and try you in the US.
They don't do it often, but they have done it in the past.

--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:17 PM
Jim

wrote:

The post above has sparked an entrepreneurial idea. Wouldn't it be cool
if one the the HAL ships that is registered in the Netherlands, were to
offer a marijuana lounge on board when on the open sea.

Howie

Do you *really* want DEA to board every ship when it reaches the U.S.?

Opinions as to marijuama being harmfuil or not or whatever aside,
there's no way the U.S. would allow such a ship to dock. Never mind
that fact that there's few and far between coutnries that are as
tolerant as Holland about this.

But I suppose itineraries wouldn't matter...participants would not
notice they had only gone out to sea three miles and come back:

"Say dude, this place looks just like home." "Yeah, really cool of
them to fix it up so we'd feel like we never left."

Jim P.