Discount airfares

Old April 4th, 2007, 06:37 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Dick Adams

Default Discount airfares

I'd like to make a few trip to OZ in the next to years to decide
if I want to retire there. Are there flight consolidators in OZ
with whom I can book discount airfares from Perth to Canberra
and back to Perth?

I've got my first trip covered from the States to OZ covered by
frequent flyer miles. In the search for a U.S.-based flight
consolidator, I came across a site for Cheaptickets.com?

I've read some very positive stuff on them, but then I've read
some very negative stuff about them including claims that the
Attorney Generals in Colorado and New Jersy have gome after them!

Has anyone used them to go to OZ?

Dick
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:47 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 05:37:56 -0000, (Dick
Adams) wrote:

I'd like to make a few trip to OZ in the next to years to decide
if I want to retire there. Are there flight consolidators in OZ
with whom I can book discount airfares from Perth to Canberra
and back to Perth?

I've got my first trip covered from the States to OZ covered by
frequent flyer miles. In the search for a U.S.-based flight
consolidator, I came across a site for Cheaptickets.com?

I've read some very positive stuff on them, but then I've read
some very negative stuff about them including claims that the
Attorney Generals in Colorado and New Jersy have gome after them!

Has anyone used them to go to OZ?

Dick

Try
http://www.webjet.com.au/

Remember that there are really only three major airlines
he Qantas, Jetstar and Virginblue - and Jetstar is a part
of the Qantas group. So there's not the same competition as
the US. However, they do occasionally have specials and the
prices aren't usually too bad. In checking, I note that they
have a section for US residents at http://www.webjet.com

I tend to use webjet to find the best flights to compare,
then go to the specific company website to save on booking
fees.

Another one that appeared on the web recently that I haven't
tried personally is www.flightcentre.com . However I have
successfully used their local travel agent franchisees
off-line to make other travel bookings.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Epidaurus
Old April 9th, 2007, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
--MT--

You might want to try http://farefetched.com.au/

Aggregates airline fare search, plus if your dates are flexible you can
search and compare flights over a period time to find a cheap flight