Question on Airport Shuttle - Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:53 PM
julie hicks

Default Question on Airport Shuttle - Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

My husband and I are going to be in AMS this month. We are looking for
transportation to our hotel (The Holiday Inn Amsterdam, De Doelelaan
2) from Schiphol. I've heard the KLM shuttle goes to several hotels,
but I cannot find an up to date listing. Does anyone know if it goes
to our hotel? Also, cost info please?

We are going to be departing from Le Meridien Apollo (Apollolaan 2) to
Schiphol, need transport ideas from there as well.

Any information/advice is greatly appreciated.

PS We are staying at 2 differnt hotels to take advantage of lower
rates.
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:20 AM
No Spam

julie hicks wrote:

My husband and I are going to be in AMS this month. We are looking for
transportation to our hotel (The Holiday Inn Amsterdam, De Doelelaan
2) from Schiphol. I've heard the KLM shuttle goes to several hotels,
but I cannot find an up to date listing. Does anyone know if it goes
to our hotel? Also, cost info please?

We are going to be departing from Le Meridien Apollo (Apollolaan 2) to
Schiphol, need transport ideas from there as well.

Any information/advice is greatly appreciated.

PS We are staying at 2 differnt hotels to take advantage of lower
rates.

The service formerly known as the KLM Hotel Shuttle
has not used that name for several years. It's called
the Connexxion Airport Hotel Shuttle now. They don't
seem to have a web page, but you can reach them at:
Tel ++31 20 - 405 6506
Fax ++31 20 - 405 6551

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

My husband and I are going to be in AMS this month. We are looking for
transportation to our hotel (The Holiday Inn Amsterdam, De Doelelaan
2) from Schiphol. I've heard the KLM shuttle goes to several hotels,
but I cannot find an up to date listing. Does anyone know if it goes
to our hotel? Also, cost info please?

I don't know about the shuttle, but it's pretty easy to take the train from
Schiphol into downtown Amsterdam, and then either the trolley or bus to most
hotels. The Schiphol train station is inside the terminal, so it's a pretty
straightforward jouney.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

om...

Old May 7th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Sjoerd

"Mike Jacoubowsky" schreef in bericht
. com...
My husband and I are going to be in AMS this month. We are looking for
transportation to our hotel (The Holiday Inn Amsterdam, De Doelelaan
2) from Schiphol.

De Boelelaan. The Holiday Inn is next to the RAI railway station with direct
service to Schiphol airport. Trip takes 10 minutes.

Sjoerd

Old May 7th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Mike O'sullivan

"No Spam" wrote in message
k.net...
julie hicks wrote:

The service formerly known as the KLM Hotel Shuttle
has not used that name for several years. It's called
the Connexxion Airport Hotel Shuttle now. They don't
seem to have a web page.

yes they do, it's he

http://www.airporthotelshuttle.nl/pages/toonHotel.php

Old May 24th, 2004, 07:07 PM
julie hicks

We ended up taking the Conexxion (sp?) shuttle for 8.50 euros a piece
one way. The service was fast and excellent. Thank you to everyone for
the suggestions.