Venice to Siena

Old April 10th, 2006, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Venice to Siena

Ann Seiersen said:
any tips of 'must sees'?

Bologna!

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
Un San Francisqueño en San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

[Content below asterisks not mine.]

.

Old April 10th, 2006, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 04:06:03 -0700, Icono Clast
wrote:

Ann Seiersen said:
any tips of 'must sees'?

Bologna!

Dude, your sig is like, way long!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 11th, 2006, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

For Sure go to Bologna ! Most people pass this city, but the center is very
nice and it is the FOOD city of Italia, with a lot of good and cheap
restaurants !!

Peter Luiijf

www.oyola-luiijf.com

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
om...
Ann Seiersen said:
any tips of 'must sees'?

Bologna!

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
Un San Francisqueño en San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

[Content below asterisks not mine.]

..

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***

Old April 12th, 2006, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Will you people quit advertising Bologna, how will we keep it our own
little secret!
--
wf.

Peter wrote:

For Sure go to Bologna ! Most people pass this city, but the center is very
nice and it is the FOOD city of Italia, with a lot of good and cheap
restaurants !!

Peter Luiijf

www.oyola-luiijf.com

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
om...
Ann Seiersen said:
any tips of 'must sees'?

Bologna!

-- __________________________________________________ ______________

Old April 12th, 2006, 01:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Hotels in bologna are extremely expensive and frequently full, parking
is impossible on the street, and €25 in agarage overnight. the
restaurants are booked well in advance, and the good ones are not
listed in R.Stevens, so hard to find. Anyway, all the restaurants
serve is tortellini.

I would recommend staying in florence and pisa instead. much more
recognizable on your BTDT list.

come on guys, this has got to be a troll.

Old April 12th, 2006, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:37:41 -0400, gerald wrote:

Hotels in bologna are extremely expensive and frequently full, parking
is impossible on the street, and €25 in agarage overnight. the
restaurants are booked well in advance, and the good ones are not
listed in R.Stevens, so hard to find. Anyway, all the restaurants
serve is tortellini.

I've stayed several times in an inexpensive hotel called the Minerva
in central Bologna. Not at all fancy, but very convenient.

As far as the restaurants, you've got to be joking.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old April 13th, 2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"B Vaughan" wrote in message

I've stayed several times in an inexpensive hotel called the Minerva
in central Bologna. Not at all fancy, but very convenient.

As far as the restaurants, you've got to be joking.
--

Barbara,
We have trained down to Bologna for lunch several times in the past, and
have gone to highly recommended places -- and have always been disappointed.
Any suggestions? It would be nice to get an occasional really nice break
from the " regularity" of Venetian places.
Bob Fusillo

Old April 14th, 2006, 04:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

The Veronelli 'Guide' lists 6 restaurants in Bologna. In the past I
have found their recommendations to be good (the few times we have used
them). The site is in Italian, and since we don't speak Italian it
takes a lot of fussing for us to decipher the guide. I assume you will
have no trouble! Unfortunately the Veronelli site has been recently
redone and it now requires a username/pssword (sigh, what is it with
this trend). Let us know if you are familiar with anywhere in the
guide, somebody on another list recommended the guide as reliable.
--
wf.

http://www.veronelli.com/GuideOn/res_risto

Old April 14th, 2006, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:39:48 -0600, randee wrote:

The Veronelli 'Guide' lists 6 restaurants in Bologna. In the past I
have found their recommendations to be good (the few times we have used
them). The site is in Italian, and since we don't speak Italian it
takes a lot of fussing for us to decipher the guide. I assume you will
have no trouble! Unfortunately the Veronelli site has been recently
redone and it now requires a username/pssword (sigh, what is it with
this trend).

Not only to you have to register, it costs 28 euros a year to do so.

Old April 15th, 2006, 05:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

B Vaughan wrote:

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:39:48 -0600, randee wrote:

The Veronelli 'Guide' lists 6 restaurants in Bologna. In the past I
have found their recommendations to be good (the few times we have used
them). The site is in Italian, and since we don't speak Italian it
takes a lot of fussing for us to decipher the guide. I assume you will
have no trouble! Unfortunately the Veronelli site has been recently
redone and it now requires a username/pssword (sigh, what is it with
this trend).

Not only to you have to register, it costs 28 euros a year to do so.

I missed that, but once I saw you had to register my interest went away
temporarily. You used to be able to browse the restaurant reviews
without any sort of registration. Perhaps you still can somehow, but my
Italian is certainly not up to negotiating that web site very well. ne
of my old URL's for the site does not seem to work anymo

http://www.veronelli.com/VERONELLI_D...?reg=Lombardia
--
wf.
Wayne Flowers