Transit: Heathrow Terminal 3 to Terminal 4

Old March 11th, 2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Transit: Heathrow Terminal 3 to Terminal 4

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:50:36 GMT, Rowen wrote:

Jim Ley wrote:
I transferred 4 to 1 10 days ago, and the airside security check had
giant queues - going landside and back in took very little time.

I am not familiar with this airside, landside thing. Do you mean, leave
the terminal 4 like a passenger with final destination as London and
then returning to Terminal 1 as a new passenger?

I actually transferred 4 to 1 on the airside bus, and only when
walking to the security check here did I see to leave immigration - of
course as a UK national it took moments and there was no queue, and I
knew it was a short walk (and I could get a coffee in between) to get
to security.

If that is the case,you
would need to clear the immigration too,twice or once like in North
America?

There is no exit immigration, so you'd just have the entry - I'm not
sure if they'd be that happy with a non EU wave through person
entering for 5 minutes, but maybe...

Jim.
Old March 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Jim Ley wrote:

[...]

Thanks. What is the ``fast track'' line at the Heathrow? We are
four of us, with a preschooler and an infant;all Canadians. Would we
qualify to use that?
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Rowen" wrote in message
I read the reviews in
http://www.airlinequality.com/Airpor..._forum/lhr.htm
and I am panicking. I will have 3 hrs and 35 minutes to catch my
connecting flights, if both flights are on time (ha! ha!).I've looked at
http://www.heathrowairport.com/, it says 60 minutes is good enough. In the
reviews,I could not find any comments from transit passengers. So,if you
have done Terminal 3 to Terminal 4 transfer as a transit passenger
recently, I would like to hear from you.

Land side the terminal transfer is 30 minutes max.

10 minute walk to Heathrow Express.
0-15 minutes wait for the next train (free between terminals).
5 minutes walk to check in.

I guess that there is an air-side bus that is at least as frequent
with less walk.

Of course you need to add on the normal immigration/luggage
etc times as well.

tim

Old March 16th, 2006, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:29:22 -0000, "tim \(in sweden\)"
wrote:
- I'm not
sure if they'd be that happy with a non EU wave through person
entering for 5 minutes, but maybe...

How will they know (unless you are checking in at 00:06)?

What is the purpose of your visit sir, how long will you be staying
sir? etc. Or would you suggest telling porkies to the immigration
officer?

Jim.
Old March 17th, 2006, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Rowen wrote:

Thanks. What is the ``fast track'' line at the Heathrow? We are
four of us, with a preschooler and an infant;all Canadians. Would we
qualify to use that?

Fast Track line is for First and Business Class passengers. There is a
dedicated security check line and it will cost you one minute instead
of maybe 10. If you are on a tight schedule, the security guy will
actually let you use the fast track line regardless of your ticket
class.

AFAIK this applies to British Airways only, i.e. you have to fly
British Airways First or Business or be on a tight schedule.

Old March 17th, 2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air

On 17 Mar 2006 05:29:16 -0800, "Bernhard Mayer"
wrote:

Rowen wrote:

Thanks. What is the ``fast track'' line at the Heathrow? We are
four of us, with a preschooler and an infant;all Canadians. Would we
qualify to use that?

Fast Track line is for First and Business Class passengers. There is a
dedicated security check line and it will cost you one minute instead
of maybe 10. If you are on a tight schedule, the security guy will
actually let you use the fast track line regardless of your ticket
class.

AFAIK this applies to British Airways only, i.e. you have to fly
British Airways First or Business or be on a tight schedule.

That would be pretty odd, there's a fast track at T3, and T3 I don't
think has any BA flights at all (although someone will probably turn
up one :-)

Jim.
Old March 17th, 2006, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote:

Rowen wrote:

Thanks. What is the ``fast track'' line at the Heathrow? We are
four of us, with a preschooler and an infant;all Canadians. Would we
qualify to use that?

Fast Track line is for First and Business Class passengers. There is a
dedicated security check line and it will cost you one minute instead
of maybe 10. If you are on a tight schedule, the security guy will
actually let you use the fast track line regardless of your ticket
class.

AFAIK this applies to British Airways only, i.e. you have to fly
British Airways First or Business or be on a tight schedule.

That would be pretty odd, there's a fast track at T3, and T3 I don't
think has any BA flights at all (although someone will probably turn
up one :-)

BA LHR-MIA departs from Terminal 3. HTH.

JohnT

Old March 17th, 2006, 08:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote:

Rowen wrote:

Thanks. What is the ``fast track'' line at the Heathrow? We are
four of us, with a preschooler and an infant;all Canadians. Would we
qualify to use that?

Fast Track line is for First and Business Class passengers. There is a
dedicated security check line and it will cost you one minute instead
of maybe 10. If you are on a tight schedule, the security guy will
actually let you use the fast track line regardless of your ticket
class.

AFAIK this applies to British Airways only, i.e. you have to fly
British Airways First or Business or be on a tight schedule.

That would be pretty odd, there's a fast track at T3, and T3 I don't
think has any BA flights at all (although someone will probably turn
up one :-)

BA LHR-MIA departs from Terminal 3. HTH.

JohnT

Yep. But that's the only route. BA 204/205/206/207/208/209 between LHR & MIA