Jet Blue

Old October 8th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Kenny

Default Jet Blue

Jet Blue http://www.jetblue.com

Any opinion on this airline? they start servicing boston in January 2004.

Thanks
Kenny

Old October 8th, 2003, 04:47 AM
april-g

Kenny wrote:

Jet Blue http://www.jetblue.com

Any opinion on this airline? they start servicing boston in January 2004.

We've flown Jet Blue from Rochester, NY to Florida, New York, and California.
We love them!!! Great service, comfortable seats, closed circuit television
on the back of each seat, and Blue Chips!

Unfortunately, now we're in San Antonio and have no Jet Blue (sigh!)

April G.

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Patty Winter

In article ,
april-g wrote:

We've flown Jet Blue from Rochester, NY to Florida, New York, and California.
We love them!!! Great service, comfortable seats, closed circuit television
on the back of each seat,

DirecTV, actually.

and Blue Chips!

Cookies, tortilla chips, or stocks? ;-)

I love the cards that recommend yoga stretches you can do during the
flight. Especially the little comments after each set of instructions,
such as, "As the mind is brought into stillness, you will feel stable,
yet tranquil...almost as if you're flying. Oh wait, you are flying.
Well, see, it's working already." :-)

(I haven't flown JetBlue; I saw the yoga cards on their web site.)

Patty

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Miguel Cruz

Patty Winter wrote:
I love the cards that recommend yoga stretches you can do during the
flight.

Anyone remember Plane Aerobics on Northwest in the 1980s?

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old October 8th, 2003, 05:34 PM
TCS

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:28:03 GMT, Kenny wrote:
Jet Blue http://www.jetblue.com

Any opinion on this airline? they start servicing boston in January 2004.

New planes, cheap prices, leather seats with a direct TV receiver.

And no annoying food service. I much prefer taking a sandwich and/or a
bag of apples aboard than try and stomach airline food.

What more could you ask for?
Old October 8th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Juliana L Holm

In rec.travel.usa-canada TCS wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:28:03 GMT, Kenny wrote:
Jet Blue http://www.jetblue.com

Any opinion on this airline? they start servicing boston in January 2004.

New planes, cheap prices, leather seats with a direct TV receiver.

And no annoying food service. I much prefer taking a sandwich and/or a
bag of apples aboard than try and stomach airline food.

What more could you ask for?

One that does not sell its customers' personal information to defense
contractors without their permission?

I've flown Jet Blue, it was fine, but their privacy breach really bothers me.

--
Julie
**********
Old October 8th, 2003, 06:06 PM
mrtravel

TCS wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:28:03 GMT, Kenny wrote:

Jet Blue http://www.jetblue.com

Any opinion on this airline? they start servicing boston in January 2004.

New planes, cheap prices, leather seats with a direct TV receiver.

And no annoying food service. I much prefer taking a sandwich and/or a
bag of apples aboard than try and stomach airline food.

There is good airline food on some airlines..

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Juliana L Holm

In rec.travel.usa-canada 127.0.0.0 wrote:
On 8 Oct 2003 17:03:09 GMT, Juliana L Holm wrote:

get over it!
what did they disclose? that you flew between point z and point y on a
certain day?
sure they shouldn't have done it but what harm did it cause you?

As per the Washington Post:

"JetBlue gave Torch itinerary information on 1.5 million passengers along
with their names, addresses and phone numbers in September 2002. Torch
then used another service, Acxiom Corp., to add Social Security numbers,
economic status, occupation and other information."

Lots more than just itinerary is involved here.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:18 PM
mrtravel

Juliana L Holm wrote:
In rec.travel.usa-canada 127.0.0.0 wrote:

On 8 Oct 2003 17:03:09 GMT, Juliana L Holm wrote:

get over it!
what did they disclose? that you flew between point z and point y on a
certain day?
sure they shouldn't have done it but what harm did it cause you?

As per the Washington Post:

"JetBlue gave Torch itinerary information on 1.5 million passengers along
with their names, addresses and phone numbers in September 2002. Torch
then used another service, Acxiom Corp., to add Social Security numbers,
economic status, occupation and other information."

Lots more than just itinerary is involved here.

I agree. Even if it was my name and itinerary, it is NOT the business of
the government if I want to fly to Paris, Moscow, or Denver.

Old October 8th, 2003, 07:51 PM

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:42:22 -0400, 127.0.0.0 wrote:

On 8 Oct 2003 17:03:09 GMT, Juliana L Holm wrote:

I've flown Jet Blue, it was fine, but their privacy breach really bothers me.

get over it!
what did they disclose? that you flew between point z and point y on a
certain day?
sure they shouldn't have done it but what harm did it cause you?

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the paradigm of the"well-informed,
involved" voter who has never heard of Patriot I or Patriot II
upcoming; who says "duh" when you mention the Wolfowitz-Perle "Plan
for the Next Century"; who hunkers down and kisses *** when the
Administration tries to ram through its "Total Awareness" program;
who thinks it's kewl to trade away our civil liberties enshrined in
the Bill of Rights for phony security; who doubtless thinks it's so
macho to kick ass in a rundown, poverty-stricken country that never
threatened us.

As Churchill (or somebody) said: "Democracy is not a very good
system, but it's better than all the others."

So I guess he does get to vote...

--

Voter