Jet Blue

Old October 8th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Dick Locke

Default Jet Blue

On 8 Oct 2003 17:51:03 GMT, Juliana L Holm wrote:

Torch
then used another service, Acxiom Corp., to add Social Security numbers,
economic status, occupation and other information."

I had a go around with Acxiom, when I wrote and asked how doing this
square with their privacy policy. I got this back:

Acxiom takes seriously our responsibilities to protect the
privacy of individuals. We are also committed to working with
government agencies and their contractors to develop solutions that
make our country safer. We cannot forget that the terrorist threat to
our country has not been eliminated, and we believe that information
plays a critical role in dealing with such threats.

Acxiom did not violate our privacy policy in relation to the
processing we performed for Torch Concepts under contract to the
Department of Defense for a Proof of Concept program for the purposes
of improving military base security.

We acted in a manner that complied with applicable laws and
with our published policy. Torch Concepts was acting under contract to
the Department of Defense in their efforts to research ways to improve
military base security. Our policy clearly states that we "provide
information products which include financial information, Social
Security Number and other related information where permitted by law"
and that this information is "provided to government agencies for the
purposes of verifying information, employment screening and assisting
law enforcement."

Thank you for allowing us a chance to explain what happened.
If you have any further questions or need clarification regarding this
matter please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Unquote

My answer was that they must regard the DOD as a law enforcement
agency and/or believe that a government contractor is a government
agency. No answer yet.

I love the obligatory vow to security.

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Eric Toline

Any west coast flight from Ft. Lauderale means going to NY then on to
the coast. Not very attractive from here.

Eric

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:19:30 -0400 (EDT) (Eric Toline)
wrote:

:Any west coast flight from Ft. Lauderale means going to NY then on to
:the coast. Not very attractive from here.

Depends if you have more time or money.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com
Old October 8th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Dairenn Lombard

Kenny wrote:

Jet Blue http://www.jetblue.com

Any opinion on this airline? they start servicing boston in January 2004.

Hi, Kenny--

IMO, they're a fine airline. They're cheap, fly brand new Airbus jet aircraft
and are starting to remove a few seats in some of them from what I hear,
feature DirecTV in the back of each seat and here in southern California, they
depart from Long Beach airport (LGB) instead of LAX which makes for cheaper
long-term parking and a much easier commute situation. I think they even have
a frequent flyer program called TrueBlue.

I am saying this as an AA customer, however. As your caviat, there is no such
thing as 2 or 3 class service; the entire cabin is one class (the marketing
folk at jetBlue would have you believe the whole plane is first class, hehe;
the seats Are nice). But yeah, they serve no food and fly to like 19 or so
cities for now so you're not going to get the kind of flexibility with their
frequent flyer program as you might with say MileagePlus or AAdvantage (who I use).

B6 like SWA do not fly internationally.

Kenny

--
Dairenn Lombard
Los Angeles, CA - http://www.base-ix.com/~dlombard/

Old October 8th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Dairenn Lombard

mrtravel wrote:

There is good airline food on some airlines..

Yeah, I LOVE the food on AA (and even Air Canada).

Old October 8th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Dairenn Lombard

127.0.0.0 wrote:

get over it!
what did they disclose? that you flew between point z and point y on a
certain day?
sure they shouldn't have done it but what harm did it cause you?

Ah, dude... Social Security numbers? Credit card numbers? Five million people?

I would classify that as a MAJOR F up.
It's nice jetBlue copped to it, but I think people have a right to be ****ed.

Old October 8th, 2003, 11:35 PM
mrtravel

Dairenn Lombard wrote:
mrtravel wrote:

There is good airline food on some airlines..

Yeah, I LOVE the food on AA (and even Air Canada).

I eat it, even the ice cream sundaes

Old October 8th, 2003, 11:36 PM
mrtravel

Dairenn Lombard wrote:

127.0.0.0 wrote:

get over it!
what did they disclose? that you flew between point z and point y on a
certain day? sure they shouldn't have done it but what harm did it
cause you?

Ah, dude... Social Security numbers? Credit card numbers? Five
million people?

In all fairness, JB revealed names and addresses, the other info came
from another source.

Old October 9th, 2003, 03:31 AM
mrtravel

127.0.0.0 wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 15:35:24 -0700, Dairenn Lombard
wrote:

127.0.0.0 wrote:

get over it!
what did they disclose? that you flew between point z and point y on a
certain day?
sure they shouldn't have done it but what harm did it cause you?

Ah, dude... Social Security numbers? Credit card numbers? Five million people?

ah dude, when did you ever give out your SS # to an airline? if you
did you're a fool

It didn't come from the airline.
Jet Blue provided name and address info.
Based on this, another company supplied the SSN and credit info.

Old October 9th, 2003, 04:56 AM
JMSinLA

feature DirecTV in the back of each seat and here in southern California,

they
depart from Long Beach airport (LGB) instead of LAX which makes for

cheaper
long-term parking and a much easier commute situation. I think they even

have

They also fly out of Ontario (ONT) in southern California.