China Travel Discussion List

Old August 26th, 2008, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

Default China Travel Discussion List

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...

It's just Google Groups who don't care about spammers.
--

At least they are a bit broadminded. Neither do I think that the usenet has
a decent host today. However, the true problem is structural as the English

It would be nice to see that this idiot from Kannada couldn't log in to the
usenet. Neither could the hardware he utilizes except in a case the
administrators (always other than the oddball) can ensure that the turd
doesn't use the machinery (a multi-user hardware which naturally requires
logging in by keys which won't be handed over to the bedouin) any more.

Old August 26th, 2008, 07:03 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Peter Neville-Hadley" kirjoitti
elow...
Chris Blunt wrote:

I agree it may not be off topic, but I think people get annoyed by
your constant reposting of the same message every couple of weeks.

That one or two individuals decide to try and prevent perfectly
legitimate postings intended for the benefit of other readers of

"Legitimate" can be a bit obscure in meaning here. I am certain the faggot
realizes that spamming is not "legitimate" in usenet - so bugger off. You
can always use mailing lists to approach potential "customers".

rec.travel.asia does surely not seem a good reason to censor useful
information. Their pointless and time-wasting rants here, containing no

It is not censoring. When spamming is rejected in usenet, the act cannot be
considered censoring. This senseless broadcasting of this same text again
and again is pointless and it violates usenet policies. Moreover it is
bloody annoying. It is noise. Noise is irritating. And what useful is there
for the subscriber to see this text again and again. Actually you, your
"travel guide books" and your forum are all most useless. I cannot see one
reason why they exist.

logic or reasonable argument (and often foul language and homophobic and
racist comment) only serve to drive readers away from rec.travel.asia to

The homosexual runs out arguments? Well, I guess you have never had one.
1. You are spamming (trying to promote book sales in which you would be a
beneficiary)
2. you do so periodically

The two reasons above are quite sufficient to tell you to stop this insane
practice you are so deeply involved. You can take my account as a fact: "the
turd is a true pain in ass". I am sure not only one or two subscribers think
so (not too many around anymore)

You are insisting that you are not driving subscribers out but some other
people do so. One more example about your evil mind..

Clearly rec.travel.asia will have a large daily turnover of readers, so
postings would probably better be daily to reach them all. The frequency
with which The Oriental-List has been mentioned over the last 11 years
is a compromise, the irritation of repetition to some rational people
who may not publicly complain (perhaps because they want to post only
on-topic) being kept in mind. To this end the message is always posted
with the same subject line so regular long-term readers of
rec.travel.asia (whose numbers must be very small these days) can easily
filter it out.

Spam is not allowed in usenet. The policy is quite clear in this. You are
spamming. I know that bedouins who spam use this same rationale again and
again: subscribers should use filters. It is NOT our business to build
filters. It is your business to get lost. One more example about your evil
mind.

If billions of other "providers" on whatever concerning travelling in Asia
utilized the group as blatantly as you have done, the news servers
everywhere would suffocate to death.

Old August 26th, 2008, 08:18 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
le_voyageur_en_velo

In article ,
Markku Grönroos wrote:

The homosexual runs out arguments?

Markku .. you really need professional help to get over those 'issues'.

Oh, and *plonk*

--
le_voyageur_en_velo
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
John Kulp

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:02:26 GMT, w (Peter
Neville-Hadley) wrote:

Chris Blunt wrote:

I agree it may not be off topic, but I think people get annoyed by
your constant reposting of the same message every couple of weeks.

That one or two individuals decide to try and prevent perfectly
legitimate postings intended for the benefit of other readers of
rec.travel.asia does surely not seem a good reason to censor useful
information. Their pointless and time-wasting rants here, containing no
logic or reasonable argument (and often foul language and homophobic and
racist comment) only serve to drive readers away from rec.travel.asia to
other web sites and lists where such postings are deleted or forbidden,
such as the very popular and commercial Thorn Tree and others. Such
postings are only encouraged by acknowledgement.

Which is why I don't pay an attention to them at all, avoiding the
time wasting.

Clearly rec.travel.asia will have a large daily turnover of readers, so
postings would probably better be daily to reach them all. The frequency
with which The Oriental-List has been mentioned over the last 11 years
is a compromise, the irritation of repetition to some rational people
who may not publicly complain (perhaps because they want to post only
on-topic) being kept in mind. To this end the message is always posted
with the same subject line so regular long-term readers of
rec.travel.asia (whose numbers must be very small these days) can easily
filter it out.

This discussion is itself off-topic for rec.travel.asia, so I apologise
for contributing to it. I answer worthwhile China travel questions here
when they crop up, if I know the answers, but for several years now they
have been increasingly rare, and increasingly drowned out by a far
larger number of cross-postings, spam, flame wars, and disgustingly
worded prejudice which also certainly drown out reminders of The
Oriental-List.

The continued existence of The Oriental-List is unimportant. It was
begun back when there was no moderated forum for discussing China
travel, but now there are many. It is time-consuming and costly to
maintain (no one makes any money from it at all) and continues to exist
solely because its members want it to. Mentions of it here obviously
continue to be of interest as they still bring in new members who want
information and discussion about China in a forum that has many expert
contributors, but no spam, racism, homophobia, foul language, or indeed
anything except discussion of travel in China.

Peter N-H
Moderator
The Oriental-List
http://www.datasinica.com

Old August 26th, 2008, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
John Kulp

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:32:28 +0300,
=?Windows-1252?Q?Markku_Gr=F6nroos?= wrote:

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
ws.com...

[...]

You broadminded? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Talk about complete selfdelusion.
If you're not the biggest moron I have seen posting here with all your
bigoted drivel, you're certainly a close second. so why don't you just
crawl back into whatever hole you slithered out of and leave everyelse
alone? That is what would be nice to see.