Will Travel Insurance pay for missed flights?

Old November 18th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Geoff

Default Will Travel Insurance pay for missed flights?

As I have just posted I will be flying to India in the not too distant
future. I have been thinking about taking out travel insurance for
this trip but am not too sure if it will cover a claim due to the
following circumstances:-
Initially I will be landing in Calcutta and then changing planes from
Royal Jordanian to Indian Airlines and flying onto my final
destination. What I am worried about is that on the return journey if
the Indian Airline flight is cancelled or delayed(happens a lot I'm
told) I may miss the continental flight back to the UK. If this
happens then rearranging to get an alternative flight(to England) will
be difficult and I may have to book a ticket with whoever has seats
available(probably BA) thus incurring an extra payout.
So will normal travel insurance cover all the extra expenses?

Found this, once u go thru the quote it gives an indication of what is
covered and links to the policy small print.

I haven't bought from them yet.

http://insuresupermarket.com/