PRINCESS CRUISES- A DISASTER

Old September 12th, 2003, 07:48 PM
misterfact

Default PRINCESS CRUISES- A DISASTER

I was on a PRINCESS CRUISE SHIP. All I have to say is:

1. Overflowing toilets

2. Plugged shower drains (overflowing showers)

3. Loose upper deck floorboards (tripping hazzard)

4. Washing machines that leaked- causing 4" of water in the laundry
room: a common occurance.

5. Leaking rusted water pipes in the ceiling corridors.

6. Food with no flavor.

7. Lint a paper trash behing the clothes dryers in laundry rooms.
(fire hazzard)

8. Every two or three days- the smell of sewer gas throughout the
ship!

9. NO LIFEBUOYS ON UPPER 2 DECKS! No floatation devices,
what-so-ever on those decks! If someone fell overboard from the ship
or from another ship while at port- you have to run 400' to either end
of the ship and dowm 2 flights of stairs to get to a lifebuoy!

This is just for starters. I sent photos and horror stories to the
Coast Guard. Never heard back from them. Princess is the "McDonalds"
of cruises. Poor maintainance of EVERYTHING on the ship: water drains,
decks, etc. They don't remove rust from deck rails and other metal
parts on upper decks. THEY JUST PUT WHITE PAINT OVER THE RUST!

This evaluation especially applicable to the Royal Princess. (2000
world cruise.) I doubt things have improved! The safety staff,
maintainance staff and crew accomodations officer- totally
incompetent!

The passengers and the rest of the staff were great!

Old September 12th, 2003, 07:53 PM
SNUMBER6

From: (misterfact)

I was on a PRINCESS CRUISE SHIP.

good choice ... i hope you had a great time ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old September 12th, 2003, 08:50 PM
johnny

Royal Princess is the aging Madame of the fleet. I sailed on her about 4
years ago and had a great cruise, especially the food. Since then I've
sailed on regal & sea princess and have really enjoyed the product. Johnny
om...

Old September 12th, 2003, 11:47 PM
news.cso.uiuc.edu

I'm VERY seriously considering the 11/25/03 24-day Africa cruise on the
Royal Princess, especially with radical discounts I've seen lately. Can I
assume that someone FIXES overflowing toilets and plugged shower drains
within a reasonable time? I think I can live with the other problems,
especially at these prices. Thanks for any further insights.

Old September 12th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Mason Barge

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:47:36 -0500, "news.cso.uiuc.edu"
wrote:

I'm VERY seriously considering the 11/25/03 24-day Africa cruise on the
Royal Princess, especially with radical discounts I've seen lately. Can I
assume that someone FIXES overflowing toilets and plugged shower drains
within a reasonable time? I think I can live with the other problems,
especially at these prices. Thanks for any further insights.

Unfortunately the Royal has some great itineraries. I was thinking
about sailing her too, but I'm really hesistant.

The poll on cruisemate.com gives her only a "5.61" overall, which is
really bad, and you have to remember, some of these are fairly old and
thus likely higher. Over a third of the respondents gave the ship a
"1" score overall -- terrrible.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old September 13th, 2003, 04:16 AM
SPotter614

Nine of us from age 4 - 69 were on the Royal in April 2002 for a Panama Canal
cruise. We thought the ship was a little bland, and was showing her age in
some places (Mirrors, things like that). However, having said that we had a
great cruise and really enjoyed the Royal Princess. If the price was right for
an itinerary I really wanted, I would probably sail on her again.
Old September 13th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Don

The Royal Princess was a great ship but is definitely showing her age. We
were on her last summer (2002) in the Norwegian Fjords. It was a terrific
cruise (great itinerary) but our toilet went "out of service" five different
times on a 12 night cruise. I had to get dressed in the middle of the night
and go out and use a public restroom. Some of the plumbing has been redone
on the ship but some of it has not. Even though we loved the layout of the
ship and the size of her, we are not going to consider the older ships again
regardless of the itinerary or price of the cruise.

Old September 13th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Schaller MACAW

Royal Princess was first cruise ship i ever saw with so much rust & worn
out bath room fittings ,worn carpets etc. I know it's an old ship but we
have been on older ships that were in much better shape !! The Costa
Dauphine & Celebrity Meridian & HAL Westerdam to name a few! That was
our first & last cruise on Princess ! BILL

Old September 13th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Schaller MACAW

Did the ROYAL RUST BUCKET ever have that giant dent in the starboard bow
fixed? BILL