To all "patriotic" americans...

Old January 16th, 2004, 02:07 AM
David J. Dachtera

Default To all "patriotic" americans...

Rod wrote:

(David J. Dachtera) wrote...

I don't get the connection.

Henry Ford developed mass-production into a viable business model.

Sam Walton developed discounted mass-merchandising into a viable
business model.

Rome developed debauchery, perversion and decadence into an art form.

Where's the link I'm not seeing? ...or is it as simple as "commodity
products" that are affordable to the masses? (Rome doesn't fit the
pattern.)

Henry Ford worked his people really hard. Treated them like machines.

Hence, the rise of the UAW.

There's recently been stuff on the tube about how Wal-Mart employees are
treated (i.e. similarly).

This is fairly common knowledge.

If you're not bothered by people being treated
like machines...you won't see a problem.

I've known of the problem since I was old enough to know what UAW stood
for.

It will just be a "viable
business model".

Business model is one thing. Unfortunately, these days due to the
unrelenting moral decay in the world, employee relations is not
considered part of the business model unless it promotes the
profitability of the company.

Not saying it's right, just the way it is.

The greatest art the Romans did preceded their decadence. Everything
fell into decay, including their art and architecture, during the period
of empire collapse.

It takes a positive force to keep art elegant and proud. An expanding
empire is what pushed Roman art to reach its glory. Strong emperors.
Not weak and sick, like Nero and the others that followed.

When I think of "sick", I think mostly of Caligula.

--
David J. Dachtera
dba DJE Systems

http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/