Japan Questions

Old October 3rd, 2004, 11:47 PM
John W.

_Gene T. _ wrote:
Well, may be I should ask a more direct question. I will have to catch a
5:45 flight from Narita. Can I get to the airport from Hiroshima in one day?
I would be glad to ride the fastest and greatest of "Bullet trains", but it
looks like that Rail Pass will not give me even a partial credit for the
cost of the ticket.

Can you? Yes. Is that a good idea? Not at all.

John W.

Old October 4th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Dave Fossett

Gene wrote:

Well, may be I should ask a more direct question. I will have to catch a
5:45 flight from Narita. Can I get to the airport from Hiroshima in one
day?
I would be glad to ride the fastest and greatest of "Bullet trains", but
it
looks like that Rail Pass will not give me even a partial credit for the
cost of the ticket.

It is certainly feasible to travel from Hiroshima directly on the same day.
I would suggest taking an earlier departure from Hiroshima than those that
Hiromitsu suggested, as you will want to be at Narita at least 2 hours
before departure.

You can check schedules on Hyper Dia at the URL below.
http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/

As you may already know, you cannot use the Japan Rail Pass on the premier
Nozomi services, so you will need to catch Hikari or Hikari Rail Star trains
and change en route (usually Shin-Osaka or Shin-Kobe is best).

--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan

Old October 4th, 2004, 02:26 AM
IIJIMA Hiromitsu

You can check schedules on Hyper Dia at the URL below.
http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/

As you may already know, you cannot use the Japan Rail Pass on the premier
Nozomi services, so you will need to catch Hikari or Hikari Rail Star trains
and change en route (usually Shin-Osaka or Shin-Kobe is best).

And JR Central provides official timetable in English:
http://jr-central.co.jp/english.nsf/doc/timetable/$FILE/Eastbound.pdf

(Mr.) IIJIMA Hiromitsu,
aka Delmonta http://www.ht.sakura.ne.jp/~delmonta/
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:07 PM