Delhi to Agra

Old December 24th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Kishore Menon

Default Delhi to Agra

Hi

Anyone has any experience travelling Delhi to Agra by road? How much
time does it take? How are the road conditions? Is it reasonable to
plan to travel to Agra, see Taj Mahal and return the same evening?

Regards

Kishore Menon
Old December 24th, 2004, 02:28 PM
just me

"Kishore Menon" wrote in message
m...
Hi

Anyone has any experience travelling Delhi to Agra by road? How much
time does it take? How are the road conditions? Is it reasonable to
plan to travel to Agra, see Taj Mahal and return the same evening?

Regards

Kishore Menon

take the train..fast and safe..

Old December 24th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Andrew T. Austin

I took the "day trip" to Agra from New Delhi once. Was quite an eventful
day, left at 4am and got back 22 hours later. The road to Agra on a bus was
basically hell on earth and the bus wasn't exactly built for comfort. If i
recall correctly, it took about 6-7 hours to get there.

If you can, take the train. If not, go for a "luxury" bus and stock up on
valium, tequila, ear plugs and a dozen cushions before you go.

Good luck!

Andrew Austin.
__________________
NLP and Neurology: http://www.23NLPeople.com
Phantom Limbs: http://phantomlimb.org.uk

Old December 25th, 2004, 08:46 AM
I. Wilson Gittleman, M.D.

No one has mentioned other musts:

The Agra Fort, and, for me, one of the wonders of the world, Fatehpur
Sikri abour forty miles by unpleasant bus.

"Iti is better to be vaguely right than precisely wrong.
--J. M. Keynes

Old December 25th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Chris

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Kishore
Menon says...

Hi

Anyone has any experience travelling Delhi to Agra by road? How much
time does it take? How are the road conditions? Is it reasonable to
plan to travel to Agra, see Taj Mahal and return the same evening?

By the way, forgot to mention that the road is in good conditions (top
speed of the Qualis was over 100 km/h).

It was described to us as the best quality and most important road in
India no less....
Old December 25th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Alfred Molon

In article , Kishore
Menon says...
Hi

Anyone has any experience travelling Delhi to Agra by road? How much
time does it take? How are the road conditions? Is it reasonable to
plan to travel to Agra, see Taj Mahal and return the same evening?

We did Delhi-Agra by car (a Toyota Qualis) two weeks ago. The drive time
was 4 1/2 hours - that included a one hour stop at a restaurant (we left
at 10am and arrived at 2:30pm). For the Taj two hours are enough, so
that if you leave in the morning at 8 or 9am, you can be comfortably
back in the evening.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
Prague, Budapest and Portugal