Where to go?

Old December 10th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Kathrin

Default Where to go?

I plan to go to Asia- where should I go ? What's not to miss?
---------------------------
Internet Travel Community
http://www.GLOBOsapiens.net

Old December 10th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Ben

it all depends...
what are you interested in? what do you like to do? when would you go & for
how long?

Old December 10th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Mike

"Kathrin" wrote in message

I plan to go to Asia- where should I go ? What's not to miss?
---------------------------
Internet Travel Community
http://www.GLOBOsapiens.net

Don't miss Bali. Still a great destination.

-------
http://www-bali.tripod.com

Old December 10th, 2003, 04:43 PM
New Geoff

"Kathrin" pondered...

I plan to go to Asia- where should I go ? What's not to miss?

That's like asking "I'm going to Europe . . ."

Too impossible to answer.
I've selected Thailand, partly because everyone I know who has ever been has
fallen in love with the place, but mainly due to the fact that from all the
'chat partners' I've had for the last year on ICQ, the Thai people have been
the warmest, most open and genuinely friendly of the lot.
I'm off there in 48 hours, for 4 weeks 'ad-lib' touring (my first ever 'on
my own' proper holiday), and I have absolutely no fears about the trip
(except running out of money).
Try that - but avoiding the tourist traps. Arrive, have a few days in
Bangkok to experience it, then head NE into Isaan - but learn a tiny bit of
the language first!

Enjoy

________
Geoff B

--
To reply, kick THE BALL.

Old December 10th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Peter L

"Kathrin" wrote in message

I plan to go to Asia- where should I go ? What's not to miss?

Thailand is a good start if you've never been. Thailand and Malaysia make a
good two countries trip.

---------------------------
Internet Travel Community
http://www.GLOBOsapiens.net

Old December 10th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Dieter Aa

"Kathrin" schreef in bericht

I plan to go to Asia- where should I go ? What's not to miss?
---------------------------

Erste mal im Asien ?
If it is your first trip to Asia, my advice is to go to Thailand

What do you prefer, what is your priority list?
- beaches
- mountains
- people
- tribes
- culture
- religion / meditation
- handicrafts
- trekking

And don't go to Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Afganistan, Iran
... for obvious reasons

Old December 10th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Miguel Cruz

Dieter Aa Dieter wrote:
And don't go to Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Afganistan, Iran
.. for obvious reasons

What are those reasons?

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser:
http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 10th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Dieter Aa Dieter wrote:
And don't go to Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Afganistan, Iran
.. for obvious reasons

What are those reasons?

For Afghanistan there might be a few.