Babysitters in China

Old August 27th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Viviane

Good to see that your broad minded American views are as up to date on
Australia as they are for China. Do us a favour - keep spreading the word
so that people like you stay away. That way everyone benefits.

"michael" wrote in message

"Viviane" wrote in message
Don't hold back - tell us what you really think. Wow, I must have
touched

raw nerve!

not really... i just happen to know that most aussies are racist rednecks
who delight in pulling down human IQ averages just by sitting in front of
their computers and braiding their armpit hairs!

and the men are worse...

michael

Old August 27th, 2005, 05:11 PM
michael

"Viviane" wrote in message

Good to see that your broad minded American views are as up to date on
Australia as they are for China. Do us a favour - keep spreading the word
so that people like you stay away. That way everyone benefits.

so, which "American views" are you referring to? and, specifically, which
views "for"[sic] China? and what would a more "up to date" view " "on"
Australia look like from a canadian perspective anyway?

and just to clarify... when you said "Why am I not surprised!", what
preconceptions and "broad-minded" prejudices were you working with?

michael

Old August 28th, 2005, 06:17 PM
michael

"Viviane" wrote in message

Just the usual one of pig ignorant yanks that you have so brilliantly
confirmed!

just a quick question before i bow out of this silliness... do you have even
the remotest clue what you're talking about?

you've been told twice now that i am canadian and yet you persist in
suggesting that my posts somehow "confirm" your prejudices concerning my
neighbors to the south... either you can't read or you think we're all the
same over here... i leave it to your better self to decide where the "pig
ignorance" resides in this exchange...

you've referred to my "views" [for] china... besides the horrible
grammatical solecisms that you probably think of as English (or do you in
fact call it Strine or some such quaint little name?), you seem to have
missed that i haven't expressed any views concerning china... the american
fellow who you first responded to was on about not entrusting babies to
babysitters in china... it was a silly conversation, but also mildly
entertaining: to listen to squabbles amongst people with children about the
correct approach to traveling with the little tykes provides yet another
confirmation that my choice of the childless path was indeed the correct one
for me...you jumped in with your little knee-jerk quip about americans and i
tried to call you on it... but it has been like speaking to a dog for all
the understanding you've displayed...

i'll try not to generalize from your obvious "pig ignorance" to the rest of
the australian population... if i did, i'd have a hard time believing that
such folk would have had the wherewithal to devastate the aboriginal
population and set up your little white supremacist state... and as i
suggested in one of the posts you were unable to decipher, i don't think
that thinking of australians as racists is old-fashioned just because your
government has seen fit to alter long-standing racist policies in order to
make money out of those your friend markku refers to as "chinks"...

have a good day, viv, and try to remember how unlikely it is that your
"view" of americans can possibly have anything to do with the 240 million+
people who live there... on the other hand, it speaks volumes about you and
your prejudiced ilk everywhere and when...

and as to the staying away thing... i'm planning on another three month
sojourn in asia this winter and will be visiting china for the first time...
i've been reading chinese history etc. on and off for the past few years, so
i expect that the place i visit will be very different from the one that you
imagine you know so much about, just like you imagine you know something
about americans...

michael