Japan Sucked, but not the people.

Old April 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

Default Japan Sucked, but not the people.

Duh
sorrow is alive

"Gregory Morrow" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

gRunge wrote:

troll

Lol...you're a good one, gRunge...!!!

--
Best
Greg

a écrit dans le message de news:
I went to Japan to find electronic goods that I could not find
in Thailand, while on a visa run as well. I assumed Japan,
land of electronic, and a very first world country. Wrong.
Hell, a Walmart with a computer store next door would have
more than the total goods in Japan. I want to Akihabara
station which takes a hour and a half and anywhere from
two to three changes on trains to get there from the Narita
Airport, and the trains are so packed you might have to
stand all the way, violently jerking back and forth on the
rough rails. I was told Akihabara station has lots of
electronic stores, in reality it is more like a flea market
with little mom and pop stores that all carry the same
things, and no extensive parts deparments as I thought,
as is the case in the USA. While the few people I met
were very nice, they shuffle about in stores furiously
waiting on you, and I thought coming to a counter and
feeling pressed for time was hard in Thailand.

So while I liked the people, I found Japan not up to
a true first world standard, in rail service of comfort and
availability. The stores are lacking, and the prices are
high. I found that Australia was about the same, except
the people were not as nice. Except I did notice a class
thing in Japan, as sitting on the floor in the train station
one guy about purposefully stepped on me as if to say
I am management how dare you be on the floor in front
of me where I am walking. Had he stepped on me it
would have been a mistake, Japan/ management or
not I would have kicked his ass. Japanese people might
not, but I will. I will sit any damn place I want too waiting
for their **** poor trains to come.

Old April 24th, 2006, 03:03 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

Ben Bullock wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...

"from my rather superficial reading re tourism, i gather that Akihabara
isn't the place to go these days ... i read that, er, somewhere
beginning with S is ... anyhow, my point is that perhaps you could have
done a little more research?"

"aa-bne-1" wrote in message

Often when I search for Japan related things on usenet, this newsgroup
comes up. It is usually the original poster asking a question, followed
by him being abused by the members here, then the members arguing with
each other.

ohayo gozaimasu Benny.

Old April 24th, 2006, 05:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

Yeah, japan sucks, but I think the people suck too. Go to japan as
something other than a tourist and you will realize that the japanese
are colder than ice.

Only japanese from rural areas are an exception. I suppose that is
true everywhere but to me it was almost weird how the difference
between a converation and talking to an ice block was if he or she came
from outside the big cities.

Old April 24th, 2006, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

Dont defend tokyo, that ****ing neanderthal layed, moneysuck of a city

Old April 24th, 2006, 08:03 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

wrote:

B wrote:
wrote:
I was told Akihabara station has lots of
electronic stores, in reality it is more like a flea market
with little mom and pop stores that all carry the same
things, and no extensive parts deparments as I thought,
as is the case in the USA.

You didn't look very hard. If you want components there are dozens of
stores that sell resistors, capacitors, solid state devices,
transformers, leds, wires in all variety of guages, cables of infinite
design and length. If you want computer parts then you find everything
from Z80s and Apple IIc up to the latest CPUs and video cards. Want a
battery for a 1990s laptop? Right there.

For components Akihabara (& the equivalents in Osaka, Nagoya etc) still
seems the best place to go. What about for completed widgets? I'm going
to buy a new video camera, but was thinking that it would be better to
go to one of the major discount shops (Bic Camera etc) for that sort of
thing.

If it's new stuff, yes, one of the biggies would be better because they
issue "Point Cards". You get as much back as points (10% upward) as you
would as a discount at one of the cheapie places, and you can be sure
that the place will still be there if ever you have problems with the
camera later.

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

Maybe it's just you!

Old April 24th, 2006, 01:22 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

wrote in message
oups.com...
I went to Japan to find electronic goods that I could not find
in Thailand, while on a visa run as well. I assumed Japan,
land of electronic, and a very first world country. Wrong.
Hell, a Walmart with a computer store next door would have
more than the total goods in Japan.

Oh boy.... you didn't prepare yourself beforehand! You must have been
shopping within 200 meters from the station since you talked about the
"small stores" etc. But there is also the LARGEST electronics store in the
whole bloody world! It's called "Yodobashi Camera", a HUGE block with
multiple floors where you get EVERYTHING that's available. According to
press releases, this shop has a combimed floor space of 42% of the entire
shops in Akihabara. And there are several other BIG stores too.
Can't help about the prices. Cheaper stuff can be had in the small shops
over 500 meters away from the station. However, they are hardly seen by
one-day visitors to Japan.