Peculiar Play in the USA

Old December 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

Default Peculiar Play in the USA

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"sharx35" kirjoitti
viestissä:BLt7j.50954$Zn.50684@edtnps90...

In the CIVILIZED world, countries (Finland) don't ally themselves with
Nazi Germany just because they hate the Communists. That is what happened
during WWII.

Finns didn't hate the bolsheviks. Finns fought the bolsheviks. Like US
Americans didn't hate the North Vietnamese while they were fighting the
troops of uncle Ho. You are very ignorant. Perhaps we don't make any
references to this recent OECD study on education in the world but just
consider you an imbecile.

That's what the Finnish language looks like it was invented by--an imbecile.
Only fools go jumping nude into snowbanks.

Old December 11th, 2007, 12:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Markku Grönroos

"sharx35" kirjoitti
viestissä:mfu7j.51442$Zn.5383@edtnps90...

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"sharx35" kirjoitti
viestissä:BLt7j.50954$Zn.50684@edtnps90...

In the CIVILIZED world, countries (Finland) don't ally themselves with
Nazi Germany just because they hate the Communists. That is what
happened during WWII.

Finns didn't hate the bolsheviks. Finns fought the bolsheviks. Like US
Americans didn't hate the North Vietnamese while they were fighting the
troops of uncle Ho. You are very ignorant. Perhaps we don't make any
references to this recent OECD study on education in the world but just
consider you an imbecile.

That's what the Finnish language looks like it was invented by--an
imbecile. Only fools go jumping nude into snowbanks.

So, you suggest that

1. you know that the language was "invented"
2. you know by whom
3. you know the inventor did jumping in snow

I have excessively overestimated your mental capacity.

Old December 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:27:37 +0200, Markku Grönroos
wrote:

"Calif Bill" kirjoitti

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ti.fi...
It seems fashionable right now in the USA among young people to kill
people in large numbers by automatic pistols and rifles. Weird.

Seems as one of your people did the same recently. Fashionable is
probably not the correct assumption. Does your country lock up all the
nut cases?

At least they cannot go and buy all sorts of automatic rifles and bazookas
from the nearest shop with tons of shells. In the civilized world people
don't walk on the streets firearms in a holster.

I've lived in the USA now for 70 years and I've never seen anyone
but a police officer carrying a holstered handgun. Plus some
amusement park characters and the occasional horseman out in the
backcountry. In general, modern cowboys don't carry sidearms,
although they might carry a rifle in a saddle holster.

There are obviously some people walking around carrying concealed
weapons, but few of these would be in holsters, not even shoulder
holsters.

It has to be admitted, though, that openly carrying a firearm in
a side holster is legal in much of the USA.

Old December 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:31:08 +0200, Markku Grönroos
wrote:

[...]

It was obviously tongue-in-cheek, albeit kind of lame.

We spent the summer in Helsinki a few years ago. A friend from
Tucson came to visit us. He said the Finnish language looked like
someone had scooped a bunch of alphabet characters out of a box
and thrown them at the signs.

Old December 12th, 2007, 07:48 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ti.fi...
It seems fashionable right now in the USA among young people to kill
people in large numbers by automatic pistols and rifles. Weird.

It was fashionable in Finland, for many years, to ally with the Nazis for
safety from the dreaded Bolsheviks. Weird.