Which online booking service for London hotels?

Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tomich

Default Which online booking service for London hotels?

Which online booking service did you use for booking a hotel in London, and
were they reliable?

T. & family

Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:54:08 +0100, "Tomich"
wrote:

Which online booking service did you use for booking a hotel in London,

www.priceline.co.uk

and were they reliable?

Yes
Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Rome and Lazio
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Wiener Sänger

Tomich wrote:
Which online booking service did you use for booking a hotel in London, and
were they reliable?

T. & family

www.londonnights.com

I had one issue with them regarding a cancelled hotel booking. If you
do not get a cancellation email (even if it says the booking is
cancelled online) make sure to go back and keep sending cancellation
notices until you get a cancellation email.

The payment terms are usually payment direct to the hotel, and you can
pay any way you like, cash or credit card.

Some rates are very good.

-R

Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:48 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tomich

Thank you for your suggestions of using Priceline (found some hotels there
too, now I'm comparing the prices), I'll check out LondonNights as well.

I'm currently checking out Venere.com, recommended by Viamichelin.

I have a problem in finding out how much the end price would be, regarding
the child policy:
- some hotels have "children" legend, which I take it they allow children
- I wrote to Venere.com customer service about it, and their response was
the following: "All rooms booked through our website are guaranteed to
accommodate
two adults. Although we do not offer special discounts for children, a
child may stay in the room if at least one person in your party is 21
years of age or older. If you are traveling with more than two guests,
we suggest you request more than one room"

I'm not sure if that means that:
- a child is allowed in the double room with adults over 21 (which of course
we are) free of charge, and in that case, will she get an additional bed (no
cot, she's 3yo)
- a child is allowed in the double room... with a supplemental fee and her
own bed.

I'm now thinking my best bet would be to book a triple room and be done with
it, but triple rooms are hard to find during Christmas period in central
London (I'm thinking Bayswater).

Anyway, I wrote them back asking them the same question, but I'd like to
know your input on the subject, if you have any to offer, it would be
appreciated.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

wrote:

Which online booking service did you use for booking a hotel in London,

www.priceline.co.uk

and were they reliable?

Yes

Your BBQ has flared up again Alan.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/New...3?img_id=17465

Actually, it's getting pretty serious further south at the
moment:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...871437524.html

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/s....2006326.terra

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Ancient Rome
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

In article , (Tomich)

*From:* "Tomich"
*Date:* Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:54:08 +0100

Which online booking service did you use for booking a hotel in London,
and were they reliable?

I often use
www.lastminute.com and www.laterooms.com for London, and have
never had a problem with bookings made through either. For cheapo rooms
www.hostelbookers.com is also worth a look.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me

wrote:

Which online booking service did you use for booking a hotel in London,

www.priceline.co.uk

and were they reliable?

Yes

Your BBQ has flared up again Alan.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/New...3?img_id=17465

Actually, it's getting pretty serious further south at the
moment:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...871437524.html

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/s....2006326.terra

Is that serious like they are every year, or actually really serious?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old November 22nd, 2006, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tomich

"Tomich" ha scritto nel messaggio
I'm currently checking out Venere.com, recommended by Viamichelin.

I have a problem in finding out how much the end price would be, regarding
the child policy:
Anyway, I wrote them back asking them the same question

This is their reply regarding the child policy:
"We are sorry, but we are unable to advise you how much the price for
your hotel reservation would be or if there will be a supplement for the
child.
We ask you to visit our website to check the prices and contact
the hotel *after your reservation has been booked* to inquire about the
child in the room."

Which prompts me NOT to use their services.

I'm currently checking out Lastminute.com, recommended to me on the Italian
travel newsgroups.
Any comment on their service?

Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

wrote:

Which online booking service did you use for booking a hotel in London,

www.priceline.co.uk

and were they reliable?

Yes

Your BBQ has flared up again Alan.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/New...3?img_id=17465

Actually, it's getting pretty serious further south at the
moment:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...871437524.html

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/s....2006326.terra

Is that serious like they are every year, or actually really serious?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---

If you happen to be in the path of the fire, that's serious
like they are every year. This one in the Blue Mountains is
near to where I was in the motorhome, camping overnight a
few years back. When you wake up to the smell of smoke, the
sound of roaring crackling fires and the sky is blazing
orange at 1 am - it gives you a different perspective.

We managed to get out and down the hills to Penrith and
spent the rest of that night in a side road in an industrial
area. Two days later we were able to drive through again -
miles and miles of charred bush and ash, smoking ruins of
homes.

I was in Melbourne on Ash Wednesday; you don't forget times
like that.

Two years back they came within a mile of home.

So, I don't ever get blase about bushfires here.
Cheers, Alan, Australia