ANOTHER old lady strip searched

Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air
hls

Default ANOTHER old lady strip searched

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
A better question is why we single out air travel for security while
allowing these dangerous items in other venues? Why aren't we searching
people for water bottles before allowing them into malls?

Air travel has, in the past, offered a prestige opportunity for
terrorists to practice their arts. It strikes fear in the hearts of
air travelers when something like this happens....a lot of bang for
the buck.

In the USA, the interest in bombing builds is less. One in Oklahoma and
the car bomb in the WTC some years ago are all that come to mind.

9/11 caused a double reaction since several planes were hijacked more or
less simultaneously, everybody on the four planes died, and three major
buildings were subjected to kamikaze attack.

These people will stop at nothing. There is no negotiation with them, other
than possibly cutting US ties to Israel. I believe deeply that they are
planning
ever more intricate ways to frighten and kill American people.

I would be very disappointed with the government (more than I already
am) if it didnt pull out all the stops to protect the people. ]

If they can waste a half billion on Solyndra, more on propping up GM,
banks, brokerages, etc, then they need to move where the threat IS.
One place this weak excuse for a president has avoided is the border
with Mexico. He just pulled out many of the border guards who were
in place to keep the border functioning.

What would it take to smuggle a rogue nuclear device over the border
and get it into Houston, or Los Angeles, or into a major sports event...
not too much.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air
bill

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:33:19 -0600, hls wrote:

These people will stop at nothing. There is no negotiation with them,
other than possibly cutting US ties to Israel. I believe deeply that
they are planning
ever more intricate ways to frighten and kill American people.

Goodness you are frightened.

Look, you've more chance of slipping in the bath and killing yourself
than you are of being killed by terrorists.

Indeed, even if you live in Iraq you've more chance of slipping in the
bath and killing yourself than you are of being killed by terrorists.

--
/home/bill/Desktop/sig
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
hls

"bill" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:33:19 -0600, hls wrote:

These people will stop at nothing. There is no negotiation with them,
other than possibly cutting US ties to Israel. I believe deeply that
they are planning
ever more intricate ways to frighten and kill American people.

Goodness you are frightened.

Look, you've more chance of slipping in the bath and killing yourself
than you are of being killed by terrorists.

Indeed, even if you live in Iraq you've more chance of slipping in the
bath and killing yourself than you are of being killed by terrorists.

--
/home/bill/Desktop/sig

I dont doubt your statistics. But, if something can be done to improve
the odds, then that should be a goal.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air
bill

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:31:26 -0600, hls wrote:

"bill" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:33:19 -0600, hls wrote:

These people will stop at nothing. There is no negotiation with them,
other than possibly cutting US ties to Israel. I believe deeply that
they are planning
ever more intricate ways to frighten and kill American people.

Goodness you are frightened.

Look, you've more chance of slipping in the bath and killing yourself
than you are of being killed by terrorists.

Indeed, even if you live in Iraq you've more chance of slipping in the
bath and killing yourself than you are of being killed by terrorists.

--
/home/bill/Desktop/sig

I dont doubt your statistics. But, if something can be done to improve
the odds, then that should be a goal.

Making the bath manufacturers fit non slip mats in all their baths would
save more lives than all the airport security in the world.

However that gets no votes, sells no newspapers and would be considered
another aspect of 'the nanny state' just about everywhere.

On the other hand a job in airport security lets people with no real
power or authority and very little education make life hell for 'guys in
suits', posh little old ladies and pushy old men.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...