Vacation In Manila

Old December 11th, 2007, 07:28 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Just A Cruiser

Default Vacation In Manila

Hi Everyone,

I will be traveling in the middle of February to Manila for two weeks. It
has been 20 years since I was last in the Philippines and that was a
military thing in Subic Bay. Any suggestions for Manila? Any must sees or
must dos? All input is welcome.

Old December 11th, 2007, 07:57 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

On Dec 11, 11:28 am, "Just A Cruiser"
wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I will be traveling in the middle of February to Manila for two weeks. It
has been 20 years since I was last in the Philippines and that was a
military thing in Subic Bay. Any suggestions for Manila? Any must sees or
must dos? All input is welcome.

You could help us by telling us what you're interested in: nightlife,
beaches, nature, art, museums, etc. I suspect a few people will tell
you not to stay in Manila and go to potentially nicer places outside
the capital.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Just A Cruiser

Well I do enjoy the nightlife as much as anyone but my main focus is on the
culture and the people there.

Old December 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_2_]

wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I will be traveling in the middle of February to Manila for two weeks.
It
has been 20 years since I was last in the Philippines and that was a
military thing in Subic Bay. Any suggestions for Manila? Any must sees
or
must dos? All input is welcome.

You could help us by telling us what you're interested in: nightlife,
beaches, nature, art, museums, etc. I suspect a few people will tell
you not to stay in Manila and go to potentially nicer places outside
the capital.

Well I do enjoy the nightlife as much as anyone but my main focus is on
the culture and the people there.

I'm not too knowledgable about the night life there and I'm sure it has
changed a lot but there are quite a few folks on this group with plenty of
information.

Otherwise, Malate is one of the older bohemian neighbourhoods ... a cool
area for cafes and bars . There was a couple of decent restaurants selling
Spanish-style tapas and other food. The Jose Rizal Museum is very impressvie
to anyone interested in the country's history. Intramuros in general is good
for architecture. The waterfront around the Manila Hotel is quite the place
for people-watching.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 14th, 2007, 12:04 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Big Jim

Hello

For some ideas of what to see in Manila, you could check out my "Manila Day
Tour" video, on this page of my website:
http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos3.htm

In two weeks, you could also do some short trips from Manila. For instance,
you could:
- take a day trip to Tagatay to see the Taal Volcano
- catch a plane to Tagbilaran and spend a few days touring Bohol
- Catch a plane to Caticlan, then spend a few days partying on Boracay.

If you want information on adult nightlife, my suggestion is you try this
forum:
http://www.piatnight.com

Enjoy yourself where ever you go!

Regards: Jim Sibbick