Worst Cruise Nightmare

Old January 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

Default Worst Cruise Nightmare

My worst nightmare has never happened and I pray it doesn't but it would
be the my ship leaving without me. Once we're on board I can always
find something to enjoy.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old January 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Dory Samuels" wrote in message
My worst nightmare has never happened and I pray it doesn't but it would
be the my ship leaving without me. Once we're on board I can always
find something to enjoy.

Had that happen to us. Actually we never even made the ship. Not a big
deal though.

Our 8:00 am morning flight to San Juan never left the ground (brake
problems) and a replacement plane finally took off around 9:00 pm, which put
is in about 1:00 am. Our ship (Infinity) sailed around 11:00 pm from San
Juan. There were at least 30 or more of us on the flight who were going on
the ship. We arrived in San Juan airport, spent the night on the floor in
the ticket area, and caught a 6:00 am American Eagle flight to St. Croix.
We were on board the ship in time for breakfast, and then took a nap. We
missed one evening on board. The people who had air through Celebrity were
refunded 1/7th of their cruise fare, right there on the ship. Since we did
separate air, we didn't get a refund. And, since it was American Airlines
that caused the delay, they gave us free tickets to St. Croix.

The lucky part was that the ship had a close port the next morning. So we
didn't miss much time.

Had the ship had 2 sea days initially... that would have been a bigger
problem. And I actually take the itinerary into account when planning my
flights. If the ship has a port the first day after sailing, I can be a bit
less cautious with my flights, and not worry about flying down the day
before.

--Tom

Old January 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
alnmel

On Jan 9, 7:23*am, "Tom K" wrote:

Had that happen to us. *Actually we never even made the ship. *Not a big
deal though.

Huh? Tom K - did I miss something because I believe you went on to
say that you actually boarded the ship the next day while it was in
port...
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Tom K wrote:

"Dory Samuels" wrote in message
My worst nightmare has never happened and I pray it doesn't but it would
be the my ship leaving without me. Once we're on board I can always
find something to enjoy.

Had that happen to us. Actually we never even made the ship. Not a big
deal though.

(snip)

The lucky part was that the ship had a close port the next morning. So we
didn't miss much time.

Had the ship had 2 sea days initially... that would have been a bigger
problem. And I actually take the itinerary into account when planning my
flights.

Tom, you're making me even happier that our next cruise (which begins
with 2 1/2 sea days before docking in San Juan at 3 PM) leaves from Cape
Liberty!!

~ Peri
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Yes. We never made the initial sailing... and yes we caught the ship the
next day in port.

So it's not like we got back from a day in port late... we never arrived in
time for the initial sail away.

Old January 15th, 2008, 12:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John[_27_]

I read your title and I WISH my cruise left without me. THe last time i
cruised I went with two friends and my (then) girlfriend. The first
night the fights began with the (then) girlfriend and needless to say
the whole cruise was TORTURE

I guess it could always be worse! LOL

--
John