Cruise Ships banned

Old January 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jon Styles

Default Cruise Ships banned

I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?
Are their any classy cruises for gay people?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/EVIL

Old January 9th, 2008, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Jan 9, 1:16 pm, (Jon Styles) wrote:
I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?
Are their any classy cruises for gay people?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/EVIL

This url isn't working. What port are you referring to?
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BrianK

On 1/9/2008 1:16 PM Jon Styles did the "neutron dance", then made these
writings:
I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?
Are their any classy cruises for gay people?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/EVIL

There are lots of classy cruises marketed to gay folk. Some charter an
entire cruise ship, like Atlantis or RSVP. Others have guide escorted
cruises on smaller ships such as CODA.

I am not sure, but I think that your link may only be accessible to
Webtv users only. In any event it's an old story.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

That fat gal, Rosie, has homo cruieses. I think on Princesses

wrote in message
On 1/9/2008 1:16 PM Jon Styles did the "neutron dance", then made these
writings:
I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?
Are their any classy cruises for gay people?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/EVIL

There are lots of classy cruises marketed to gay folk. Some charter an
entire cruise ship, like Atlantis or RSVP. Others have guide escorted
cruises on smaller ships such as CODA.

I am not sure, but I think that your link may only be accessible to Webtv
users only. In any event it's an old story.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

Old January 12th, 2008, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Jan 9, 1:16*pm, (Jon Styles) wrote:
I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?
Are their any classy cruises for gay people?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/EVIL

The Port was Grand Cayman and I believe the ship was a Holland america
ship

The Gay cruise Lines charter ships and they are usually nice ships....
You can check with Olivia Cruise Lines and see what they have... RSVP
has merged with another I forgot which one though I bet Ray may know
Old January 12th, 2008, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Susette wrote:

On Jan 9, 1:16*pm, (Jon Styles) wrote:
I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?
Are their any classy cruises for gay people?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/EVIL

The Port was Grand Cayman and I believe the ship was a Holland america
ship

The Gay cruise Lines charter ships and they are usually nice ships....
You can check with Olivia Cruise Lines and see what they have... RSVP
has merged with another I forgot which one though I bet Ray may know

Atlantis Events. I think it was an acquisition rather than a merger -
there were rumors of RSVP being in financial trouble because of
problems selling some of their cruises.

Old January 12th, 2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:16:09 -0500, Jon Styles wrote:

I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?

I thought it was stern that was refused, or aft, may be you're right.

LOL
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Jack Hamilton :

Susette wrote:

On Jan 9, 1:16*pm, (Jon Styles) wrote:
I hear they refuse port to so called gay cruises. Do they still do that?
Are their any classy cruises for gay people?

http://community.webtv.net/ManOfTheMists/EVIL

The Port was Grand Cayman and I believe the ship was a Holland america
ship

The Gay cruise Lines charter ships and they are usually nice ships....
You can check with Olivia Cruise Lines and see what they have... RSVP
has merged with another I forgot which one though I bet Ray may know

Atlantis Events. I think it was an acquisition rather than a merger -
there were rumors of RSVP being in financial trouble because of
problems selling some of their cruises.

RSVP was in very serious trouble. I don't know many details, but
apparently they owed quite a few people quite a bit of money. From
the little I saw, Atlantis did a fire sale acquisition.

Jack, just noticed your ACM email address. Are you on staff?
--
dillon

Always get off the first shot. You may hit him and
you're sure to throw off his aim. -- Lazarus Long
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Dillon Pyron wrote:

Thus spake Jack Hamilton :

Susette wrote:

[...]

I wouldn't be surprised. What has surprised is Atlantis' claim that
life will cntinue as normal for both companies.

Jack, just noticed your ACM email address. Are you on staff?

No, just a member.

Old January 15th, 2008, 06:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BrianK

On 1/15/2008 1:02 AM Jack Hamilton did the "neutron dance", then made
these writings:
Dillon Pyron wrote:

Thus spake Jack Hamilton :

Susette wrote:

[...]

RSVP has a slightly different customer base than Atlantis. If not it is
my impression that it's so. I think the statement may have been made in
order not to alienate that customer base. Holland America is owned by
Carnival. They appear to operate as separate entities. Yet, over time
there have been subtle changes to HAL ships. The most obvious is the
carpeting and decor on the newest Vista Class HAL ships. In some public
areas, there is a Carnival feel to the decor and carpeting.

That is the way that Atlantis may move with RSVP. They won't change the
decor of ships that are charted. But rather change will be gradual and
in areas where there can be the most positive impact. If you watch LOGO
the gay and lesbian channel, or check out gay media marketing of RSVP is
one area for change. If you want to get gay couples bums in beds, you
have to attract them first. That's done with marketing. After
marketing, comes better closing ability of reservation staff. The follow
through is entertainment and service by RSVP staff.

That's my 2 cents.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera