No short sleeves on Princess?

Old January 20th, 2008, 01:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

Default No short sleeves on Princess?

You are right in that no one should be put out in order to fulfil someone elses
needs. But on almost all ships there are several dining venues. If a person does
not want to dress for dinner there are places to eat where they do not need to.

My contention is with those who want to dress down and still mingle with those
who prefer to dress up. Is it because these people just want make a point and
draw attention to themselves?

My opinion only,

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Just A Cruiser says...

And in reverse, do you ever stop to consider that you are placing a burden
on them to make YOUR cruise experience what YOU want? Every story has two
sides.

"Cal Ford" wrote in message
This is directed towards men that do not wear a jacket or a sweater. They
are
trying to discourage people from showing up in a short sleeve sports
shirt, or
less.

Interesting that these people who show up way underdressed for the
occasion get
huffy and say " I paid for this Cruise and I will wear what I want". That
sentiment is also used to justify many other things on a Cruise.

Do these people ever stop to consider that many people pay for a Cruise
that
includes Dress Up and other things and therefore their actions are causing
us to
get less than what we paid for.

Just my opinion.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article
,
hlind says...

A recent (Nov 07) Princess Patter says "No short sleeves allowed on
formal night". On six cruises, my husband has always worn a short-
sleeve dress shirt under his dark suit. Surely they aren't checking
what's under the suit jacket? Or are they getting picky?
Helen

Old January 20th, 2008, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

Hello LaLa John........

You do not seem to be the issue as no doubt you know and exercise good taste.
What bugs me is people who show up dressed in dirty jeans and a T-Shirt offering
Dating Advice. Although I have had my own Tux for years there are still many
times I opt for shirt and jacket, tie optional depending on the weather.

I cannot agree with the statement someone made that people know the rules before
they book. That used to be the case but many people book now without consulting
with a TA or even a knowledgeable friend. So they really do not know the
traditions and etiquettes of a Cruise. Plus the Cruise Lines themselves have
made a serious efort to lower thje bar so to speak.

Myself, I prefer an upscale ship that is 100% informal, no coats or ties ever.

My opinion only,

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

Unfortunately not all itineraries offer the option
of NO FORMAL NIGHT cruising. Remember the golden
rule of business - Who Has the Gold Makes the
Rules. Last time I looked it was the customers who
had the gold.
Anyway, if Penguins want to strut, they can strut
to their hearts content.
I'll dress as I desire, within the bounds of
current good taste [shirt, jacket, slacks, and
shoes], and enjoy my filet with the rest.
If that attire offends, sorry about that - you
need to get a life.
Cheers,
John in LALALand [Home of lots of Penguins
- almost all with rented feathers]

Old January 20th, 2008, 03:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jos

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:45:33 -0800 (PST), hlind
wrote:

A recent (Nov 07) Princess Patter says "No short sleeves allowed on
formal night". On six cruises, my husband has always worn a short-
sleeve dress shirt under his dark suit. Surely they aren't checking
what's under the suit jacket? Or are they getting picky?
Helen

I think this refers to people who don't wear a jacket.

Having said that, they don't really enforce that rule. I have a tailor
made Thai traditional custome. The (short sleeved!!!) shirt is also
the jacket; kind of safari-style suite. Never had any problems wearing
this on a formal evening.
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

To the men in this group...I highly reccomend that you get a Tartan Kilt
and quit worrying about dress codes.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Princess Star 3-30-2008
Princess Star 4-11-2008
Carnival Legend 9-7-2008
RCCL Grandeur 12-8-2008

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

Is underwear mandatory?

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
To the men in this group...I highly reccomend that you get a Tartan Kilt
and quit worrying about dress codes.

~~DORIS~~
________ / /___/ /___/ /_________
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Princess Star 3-30-2008
Princess Star 4-11-2008
Carnival Legend 9-7-2008
RCCL Grandeur 12-8-2008

Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Cal Ford :

This is directed towards men that do not wear a jacket or a sweater. They are
trying to discourage people from showing up in a short sleeve sports shirt, or
less.

Interesting that these people who show up way underdressed for the occasion get
huffy and say " I paid for this Cruise and I will wear what I want". That
sentiment is also used to justify many other things on a Cruise.

Do these people ever stop to consider that many people pay for a Cruise that
includes Dress Up and other things and therefore their actions are causing us to
get less than what we paid for.

Cal, these are the same people who don't read the instructions on the
bike they bought for their kid.

I had one person tell that "if that's the way they feel" (requiring
collared shirts and no shorts at dinner) " then maybe we'll just go to
Couples, instead." Where they require collared shirts and no shorts
at dinner in the main restaurants.

--
dillon

Always get off the first shot. You may hit him and
you're sure to throw off his aim. -- Lazarus Long
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Dillon Pyron wrote:

Thus spake Cal Ford :

This is directed towards men that do not wear a jacket or a sweater. They are
trying to discourage people from showing up in a short sleeve sports shirt, or
less.

Interesting that these people who show up way underdressed for the occasion get
huffy and say " I paid for this Cruise and I will wear what I want". That
sentiment is also used to justify many other things on a Cruise.

Do these people ever stop to consider that many people pay for a Cruise that
includes Dress Up and other things and therefore their actions are causing us to
get less than what we paid for.

Cal, these are the same people who don't read the instructions on the
bike they bought for their kid.

Story heard on the late Pride of Hawaii last week: a passenger was
complaining about not being able to be seated in a speciality
restaurant. It was explained that reservations were needed, and that
the procedure was explained in every Freestyle Daily. Passenger: "I
didn't go on vacation to read!"

I don't think I noticed what a single passenger was wearing on the
whole 12 day cruise around the islands and back to Los Angeles.
Really, what they wore was none of my business, and neither was what
they thought of what I wore.

Old February 11th, 2008, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Jan 17, 10:46*pm, "Just A Cruiser"
wrote:
What others wear on their cruise has no bearing on the
pleasure of mine.

Seriously? So, hypothetically, you would have no issue with people
coming to the dining room in swimsuits or underwear? Or naked?

I think you are in the minority.
Old February 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 6:58*pm, J Carnaghie wrote:
I've paid my money and I am on vacation. Nowhere
in my cruise contract does it say "YOU MUST WEAR
FORMAL CLOTHES ON FORMAL NIGHT IN THE DINING
ROOM."

The contract also doesn't prohibit masturbating in the pool. Do you
actually believe you have a right to do anything you desire because
you "paid your money and are on vacation"?