USAir checkin/baggage policy

Old March 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jdguay

Default USAir checkin/baggage policy

Hi,
We have a group ticket for 10 of us on USAir leaving Albany to Orlando in a
couple of weeks. I noticed that their online checkin policy is only for
tickets upto 8 people. Our flight leaves at 6am and since we are an hour
from the airport we are getting rooms the night before departure. Can we
checkin at the airport the evening before we leave? Do all 10 of us have to
be present? (Have some little kids that's why)

Can we check our bags at that time also, and if so is it a good idea? (Will
they make it on our plane if we leave them 12 hours before departure?)

I was thinking of calling the Albany USAir counter directly but was having a
hard time finding the number.

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

Old March 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_Moran

contact someone at the departure airport or one of the airline customer
reps. Generally the reservations people will only tell you what their
computer screen says...

If there is a CTO (City Ticket Office) for the airline they may be able
to help... another option would be to contact someone at the cargo
office and ask if they can refer you to the airport station manager or
ticket counter manager. I said cargo because it's usually easier to
speak with a live person there than if you call the reservations number.

also, the cargo office is not as busy as a ticket counter and people
there are usually helpful. I've had questions before and the people at
the cargo desk, if they could not help, were able to put me in touch
with someone who could.

JOHN

Old March 26th, 2008, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

James Robinson wrote:

Call US Airway's 800 number. With security as it is, I'm pretty sure you
won't be able to check in until a couple of hours before the flight.

Why are you "pretty sure" of this?
Do you think that is because there are 10 people?
Many airlines permit check in 24 hours in advance ONLINE.
What is the security risk you are talking about?
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

James Robinson wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

James Robinson wrote:

Call US Airway's 800 number. With security as it is, I'm pretty sure
you won't be able to check in until a couple of hours before the
flight.

Why are you "pretty sure" of this?
Do you think that is because there are 10 people?
Many airlines permit check in 24 hours in advance ONLINE.
What is the security risk you are talking about?

No security risk,

You said "with security as it is".
If it isn't a perceived security risk, why mention security?