About 30 years ago Jamaica

Old November 14th, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
elliot

Default About 30 years ago Jamaica

My wife and I stayed at a really nice place off the beach in
Negril...Im sure its no loger there or names changed etc etc..but
wouldlike to find it..for a visit or just to see it..I cant remember the
name at all..its been a while...anyone familar with Negril from 25 or so
years ago...might name a few places that come to mind and I might be
able to recall..

Old November 14th, 2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected]

On Nov 14, 9:07 am, (elliot) wrote:
My wife and I stayed at a really nice place off the beach in
Negril...Im sure its no loger there or names changed etc etc..but
wouldlike to find it..for a visit or just to see it..I cant remember the
name at all..its been a while...anyone familar with Negril from 25 or so
years ago...might name a few places that come to mind and I might be
able to recall..

Could it be Hedoism II (Adults Only) Resort? This was a place where we
went a while ago, all inclusive.

Old November 15th, 2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
BrianK

On 11/14/2007 9:07 AM elliot plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
My wife and I stayed at a really nice place off the beach in
Negril...Im sure its no loger there or names changed etc etc..but
wouldlike to find it..for a visit or just to see it..I cant remember the
name at all..its been a while...anyone familar with Negril from 25 or so
years ago...might name a few places that come to mind and I might be
able to recall..

I'm sure that Jamaica has a tourism web site with hotel listings. I
should think that would be the easiest way to located your hotel.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
elliot

about tourism network...Wll they have plenty but nothing naming th
eplaces of 20 or so years ago...The name may have changed 3 or 4 times
by now...it wasnt a big place a sort of 5 room B&B..

Old November 16th, 2007, 07:42 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
BrianK

On 11/15/2007 12:41 PM elliot plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and
said:
about tourism network...Wll they have plenty but nothing naming th
eplaces of 20 or so years ago...The name may have changed 3 or 4 times
by now...it wasnt a big place a sort of 5 room B&B..

You might consider also contacting a Jamaican Vacation Real Estate
Agent or a local Travel Agent. Either one if they have been in
business long enough might be able to tell you "whatever happened to".

Also referring back to Jamaican Tourism website, many such sites
include B&B in their listings plus a representational photo of each. By
browsing B&B photos for those in Negril you might recognize the place
you stayed at. I've done it for a B&B in Dominica. I found a place
where I stayed 35 years ago. It had a different name, different owner
but the location and "face" of the B&B was the same.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

Old December 16th, 2007, 07:03 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
AnonyMouse

Default About 30 years ago....

RPK wrote:
http://www.negril.com

Hi,

yea that's probably a good place to start... at least a m ap etc.

My wife and I stayed at a really nice place off the beach in
Negril...Im sure its no loger there or names changed etc etc..but
wouldlike to find it..for a visit or just to see it..

that can be hard.

the Cozumel of MY youth was a friend of my father's fishing camp...

you got there by boat.

it's changed a little.

in Zihuatenejo (zp? z-wat)

there were 2 hotels on the bay...

1 up on the cliffs and 1 (thatched huts) on the beach.

we had electricity 2-3 days a week.

it's all high rises now.

alas...

ttyl