ORBITZ USERS THINK TWICE!!

Old August 7th, 2007, 07:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Bobs your uncle[_2_]

Default ORBITZ USERS THINK TWICE!!

I recently found out the hard way not to use this means of booking 'cheap'
airline travel. The story unfolds thus:

I booked using Orbitz to travel LAX-PDX July 6. I then discovered that I had
booked my flight up a day too early, but was okay for the return flight.
Okay, so upon a quick check of their 'Terms and Conditions' it turned out
that, providing you cancel within 24 hours of your planned outbound leg of
your flights, you can your money "credited back to your credit card within
60 days".

WRONG!!

In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. I applied to have the trip
cancelled and received a return email to that effect stating that within 60
days, "your credit card will be refunded the full amount." WRONG! I found
out that, (after the due CANCELLED flights were due to depart), they had NOT
cancelled the flights at all but had let them go!@!!! I only found this out
by virtue of receiving a 'friendly reminder' that it was time to now go
ahead and book your seating for my flight ..... AFTER IT HAD DEPARTED.
(I had actually gone ahead and re-booked direct with the airline for the
correct dates, just by way of explanation).

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I had read other reports like this
and thought that people must have been either exaggerating or just plain not
read the details pertaining to their bookings. Now I know otherwise ....
buyers beware .... look for cheap flights on
Orbitz/Travelocity/Expedia/Cheap Tickets etc by all means BUT DEFINITELY DO
NOT USE THESE ENGINES TO BOOK. Go directly to the associated airlines'
website where you will receive much better service directly.

MC

Old August 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message "Bobs your uncle"
wrote:

[...]

If you're 100% sure you did everything by the book, file a credit card
chargeback. You'll get your money back, life goes on.

--
Americans couldn't be any more self-absorbed if they were made from equal
parts water and papertowel.
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 16:12:40 +1000 "Bobs your uncle"
wrote:

:I recently found out the hard way not to use this means of booking 'cheap'
:airline travel. The story unfolds thus:

:I booked using Orbitz to travel LAX-PDX July 6. I then discovered that I had
:booked my flight up a day too early, but was okay for the return flight.
:Okay, so upon a quick check of their 'Terms and Conditions' it turned out
:that, providing you cancel within 24 hours of your planned outbound leg of
:your flights, you can your money "credited back to your credit card within
:60 days".

:WRONG!!

Where is the link to this statement "that even if you buy a non-refundable
ticket you can get a refund if you cancel before the flight"?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old August 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_2_]

reen.net...

wrote:

[...]

He might mean "as long as you cancel within 24 hours of booking the
ticket", which makes more sense. Voiding a ticket is much easier than
canceling.

Hilary

The rules for voiding vary by market. Although IATA are moving to same day
voiding there are still some markets that permit up to 7 day voiding. Note
I said "same day" voiding not 24 hour voiding. However, the US permits "
The Agent/CTD has one-business day after the date of issue to void/modify
the transactions

received from the System Providers" see
http://www.arccorp.com/forms/pp/iah/current/iah11_0.pdf for details.